Thoughts on the new micro processor controlled saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have known some folks that had the snot knocked out of them by one of those suckers!

My elderly aunt (all 98 pounds of her) was a passenger in a car that had an accident. Minor fenderbender but she ended up with a few broken ribs, broken nose, broken cheekbone, broken collarbone, she was in the hospital for quite a while and she was lucky it didn't kill her.

I aloso wonder how many deaths and injuries are caused by cell phone use.

Not enough. People who cause accidents b/c they were talking on phone or texting should have their vocal cords and/or hands ripped off, as appropriate. It's just as negligent as DUI, if not more so – since they supposedly had all their faculties when they chose to endanger everyone on the road.

It's good that airbags are so reliable, and anyone who texts while there driving should have both their phone, and their license taken away, and good luck on the office pool....but wern't we talking about chainsaws?

I was just researching new saws, and was blown away to find that some of the new saw offerings from Stihl, and Husqvarna have micro processor controlled tuning...wtf! I can only imagine how this is just a terrible idea. What will it cost to fix when the electronics crap out? They just can't leave well enough alone, can they?
It is not the companies doing it , it is the EPA , snowshoe owl savers, use plastic instead of paper tree huggers, global warming nuts
and liberals in general that are making them do it.

It is not the companies doing it , it is the EPA , snowshoe owl savers, use plastic instead of paper tree huggers, global warming nuts
and liberals in general that are making them do it.
If that was the case, wouldn't all the saw manufacturer's be required to do the same with all the saws sold in the US? I guess it could just be the beginning....I don't put anything past those idiotic Lib-Turds.

I am not sure when it becomes mandatory on the larger saws, but in 5 years Kawasaki has to have EFI on most of their engines that are being used in lawn mowers, at lest that is what I was told at school this year , Right now they have them running much too lean imo but it is what it is.

quadra-jets were good carbs if you knew how to work on them. I worked for Chevrolet in the early 70s
Ran like crap on a boat engine. Need to rebuild and retune way too often. In a 350 jeep install, best upgrade was, throw it away and put on fuel injection.

It's good that airbags are so reliable, and anyone who texts while there driving should have both their phone, and their license taken away,
They'd just get another phone and drive without a license anyways. I think waterboarding CAG, DEVGRU, SAD/SOG style would be a much more effective punishment.

The results would be two fold. Proper waterboarding technique is a perishable skill so the SMU's and agency guys would benefit greatly from it. And the a$$hats that text and drive....they'd never forget it!

NYH1.

Ran like crap on a boat engine. Need to rebuild and retune way too often. In a 350 jeep install, best upgrade was, throw it away and put on fuel injection.
Yep, with todays aftermarket EFI kits being so good and fairly cheap, unless rules require it or it's a numbers matching muscle car or the like....carburetors on vehicles make very little sense.

NYH1.

In most cases a Holley 4150 vacuum secondary carb with a metering block in the rear so you can use jets (inside of the metering plate) and adjustable secondary spring setup ran better then double pumpers. Double pumpers have there place, fairly potent engine in lighter car, stick cars or high stall converter with low gears ect.

They got ahold on the power valves blowing years ago. Not much of an issue anymore.

NYH1.

Latest posts

Back