• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Thoughts?

Sam R

Sam R

8mm Socket
You got the 138A, which is an earlier version of the 138B. Some kind of engineering change took place for them to designate it a B, but regardless the kit I listed earlier should fit it. That said Grizz made a good point, the aftermarket is going to be a source of a lot of parts. I'd rebuild it first but if that doesn't work your options will be limited to other used carburetors and then aftermarket reproductions of various quality.

Sam R

Sam R

8mm Socket
If you’re looking for volunteers…
I've got some of it left. I started parting it out, some parts went pretty quick - but I have the crankcase, and all the guts. The main bearings are shot as well as the seals but the crankshaft seems okay and the p&c and connecting rod are probably usable too.

Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam

Forum smart but 2stroke stupid....
That said Grizz made a good point, the aftermarket is going to be a source of a lot of parts.
I’m not saying that dealer parts are always needed, hell id be lying if i said I hadn’t ordered from rockauto many more times than from a dealer. What I was trying to get at is that certain parts are better off being purchased from the manufacture, and in my findings. Items like carburetor rebuild kit’s are one of the items that are better off if they come directly from the manufacture

Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam

I've got some of it left. I started parting it out, some parts went pretty quick - but I have the crankcase, and all the guts. The main bearings are shot as well as the seals but the crankshaft seems okay and the p&c and connecting rod are probably usable too.
I’m game, message me and we can get it taken careful of.

Sam R

Sam R

8mm Socket
I’m not say dealer parts are always needed, hell id be lying if i said I hadn’t ordered from rockauto many more times than from a dealer. What I was trying to get at is that certain parts are better off being purchased from the manufacture, and in my findings. Items like carburetor rebuild kit’s are one of the items that are better off if they come directly from the manufacture
On an MS 170 I wouldn't blink at trying an aftermarket carb because the stock non-adjustable carb is kind of mediocre at times and just okay at others. But on an old Tilly carb I'd *try* to rebuild it first especially since that kit is readily available. But it's your show here and your money so you do what you think you ought to.
I'd also definitely pressure test the carb itself before anything. 10 psi and it should hold.

Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam

ok. I’ll pressure test when I get back home in a bit. Honestly my policy when bringing an old vehicle back to life for the first time in a while, is that the carb gets rebuilt or replaced as well as most of not all of the ignition system. Reason being is that in the long run the car will be better off, the final bill will be lower, and my sanity will suffer the least...

No reason not to apply the same path of logic to this scenario Right?

Rebuild kit & fuel line is on order.

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
I got a new oem tillotsen for an 028 a few years back for $50.
I think that Tillotsen did a run of old models back then. I am looking to see if I can scare up that old site.