Thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got em. It was the S252 if I recall. Retail at our vendor was $114.95. I ended up giving him a S246 (I think) off a junk 271 we had.

CC642546-5E26-432E-9E7B-09B8BDC237AE.jpeg Ok guys, quick question.....

The pic attached is from the carb rebuild instructions I received with my kit. Note the position of parts 11, 12, & 13.

In other Tilson rebuild instruction I’ve found, parts 12 and 13 are flip flopped?......

Am I over analyzing the situation and it really doesn’t matter, or are these two-stroke carburetors as picky as the four stroke carburetors I’m used to?

If the orientation of parts 12 and 13 are indeed critical to a properly running carburetor, then which one goes where in a perfect world?

Now if I could just learn to post during “Normal business hours” when I have a question that I’d like an answer to sooner than later....

Oh well c’est la vie, time for a couple beers before I pass out I guess :)

View attachment 717011 Ok guys, quick question.....

The pic attached is from the carb rebuild instructions I received with my kit. Note the position of parts 11, 12, & 13.

In other Tilson rebuild instruction I’ve found, parts 12 and 13 are flip flopped?......

Am I over analyzing the situation and it really doesn’t matter, or are these two-stroke carburetors as picky as the four stroke carburetors I’m used to?

If the orientation of parts 12 and 13 are indeed critical to a properly running carburetor, then which one goes where in a perfect world?
The diagram is correct I believe.

Good deal, I followed the directions that came with the rebuild kit as well and seem obvious, however doing some poking around online got me wondering…

Thanks for the reassurance Fellas

As is my nature when it comes to any mechanical type repair on something I own…

I “can’t leave well enough alone“ as some of my friends seem to say, and in the spirit I decided to tear all the way down to the cylinder and replace each of the gaskets along the way for a few reasons :

1 - because it seemed to me like the best/only way to ensure I would have the cleanest starting point possible

2 - would provide the best result possible in regards to the common air leak issues

3 - and this is probably the real reason I didn’t leave well enough alone… i was out of beer, I couldn’t sleep, therefore I had the time :laugh:

C4D0B298-0CAA-4139-A50F-03E84B374863.jpeg D641C7B3-759C-4D34-B6B3-0F2AA7E6934D.jpeg 7DAF8E78-1A38-4EBA-A2C8-836EE5E42392.jpeg As well as one gasket at a time being carefully removed to insure it stays intact so I can recreate the ones I don’t have on hand

Am I shooting myself in the foot by making my own gaskets from a roll of generic carburetor gasket paper instead of ordering the “correct” ones?

Well I can make a gasket no problem, unfortunately making wires is a little beyond my capabilities…

As you can see in the picture this wire that I’m assuming runs from the stop start switch to ???, has the coding literally crumbling off and has left a bare copper wire -.- ( can’t leave well enough alone strikes again)

Do I ghetto rig it and just electrical tape the SOB up so that it can’t make contact? is there a way to easily remove the whole wire so that I can put heat shrink on it? Or am I basically stuck with replacing it with a new wire? If a new wire is the answer does anybody happen to have a link to one, or can provide me with the correct terminology for it so I can start searching myself? 0DA01CBB-109D-4457-A33F-1FFF645F7373.jpeg 93D51F94-2DC6-4B73-978B-FFF7003503CC.jpeg

While I am in question mode, I’m looking at the muffler and now I have access to the bolts that secure it. I would like to remove it and just clean the muffler out because I’m here but I’m wondering if the gasket for the muffler needs to be made out of a specific material due to the heat? Or can I make a gasket out of the same material that I’ve been using for the intake/carburetor gaskets?

No, the muffler gaskets have special material, I would get a new one, unless the old one came out whole.
Likely not.

I figured as much, I haven’t remove the muffler yet. Depending on the outcome of my wire issue I may or may not remove the muffler. If I end up needing to order parts to be able to fix the wire issue then I will go ahead and order the gasket for the exhaust as well. If the wire issue can be solved without ordering parts and I won’t be ordering the exhaust gasket either. Time will tell

Latest posts

Back