Throttle response

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conor Owens

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello. I have always the same problem.

I have a hs87r trimmer, ms211c chainsaw, and hl95 long reach. I've replaced the diaphragm in all and now when I first start the machines from cold they won't respond to throttle untill they warm up a little. Then they run perfect, if I stop them and then restart then then they run fine. What could this be. They all have new sparks, ignition coil and magnet fine.

When I say won't respond to throttle. I mean they are idling fine. Just won't rev up when throttle is pressed untill they warm up are I hold and realese the throttle.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

I recognize the 211 number for the chainsaw but if those other numbers are for a Stihl be thankful they start and run with just a little warm up . Every summer I have a go round or two with my Stihl trimmer and every once in awhile with my power pruner. Drives me nuts ,seems the older Stihl stuff I have is more reliable to get started and going to WOT.

So I moved the L screw out. Was running great. It went cold and I couldn't get the thing started again to save my life. After 30 mins of playing with the L screw in different positions I got it running. Any ideas ?

Back