throw balls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul McMillin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what kind of throw balls do you use. I have been using the 14oz bean bags , but sometime when high up they dont have enough wait to get them back down easily. Just bought the 16oz rubber ball , and had to get use to it , it bounces alot but i like it for certain applications . john

I've gone through several weaver torpedoes this year. They all blew out at the seems.

Going to try Sherrill's vinyl torp bags now.

They treated me real well at the show today, especialy when I said I wanto sit down to make an order <g>.

I've used lots of different things, but the bean bag has worked consistently for me. My wife made me one about 16oz, heavy stitching and it is holding up well. It has a lifetime warrantee too:D

we use the rubber dipped ones, havnt ever replaced it! we just bought the big shot(sling shot) for it , works well! after you practice....alot!

I tried the rubber ball a couple times but didn't like it. It tends to bounce off the limbs. The Big Shot is a product that I always wanted but never spent the $100 for. I use the bean bag with the thin (3/16?) yellow poly rope.

i really didnt want to spend it either! but was in vemeer and they had one and i figured id give it a try! plus between us, my sons b-day is this weekend and we are gonna have a water ballon fight! i plan on winning!

Truck lug nuts work well. Or if you are good at knots try lrg. lag bolts.I dont know what throw bags are. Being in Cal. for so long or tooooooooo long. We call them throwing things Avacados.

yep we bought those little water grenades, i think they will fit nicely in the pouch! avacados! thats an idea! if you get one hung in a tree you probley can reach don and get another! im gonna try pears!

Can't depress fire enough to make it worth while. It'll take some practice to get them with plunging fire.

I was about to chase some then realized they were cleaning up crabapples for me:D.

The torpedo ro bowling pin shaped bags are the best. The older style that are kind of baggy will plop onto a limb and not drop. These new styles tip over and keep falling. Sherrill and New Tribe have really good bags.

With some of the lighter, slippery lines you should not generally need anything heavier than a 14 oz bag. If the line is too sticky to slip, you should find a different line.

Using bolts and nuts is not a good idea. A mis throw can break a head or window.

Tom

just joking about the big shot and scaring away geese, we actually have dogs that scare them away and off the fairways:)but i do like the bigshot , just make sure you use the hanldle that comes with it . Before I was there someone put a wooden handle on it and it snapped in half and broke the guys nose ...Ouch

Latest posts

Back