Thrust washers for Husky 350 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi all,I acquired this saw as a project someone else gave up on (aftermarket c/p & lots of air leaks). After rebuild it promptly developed an unsettling rattle. On inspection the pin bosses are about .080” (2mm) further apart than an OEM piston causing enough movement of the rod for it to contact the counterweights. My issue now is do I put it back together with a less than perfect OEM piston I have, or use the new (& 5 grams lighter) aftermarket piston with some thrust washers... & if so what's the best material for the washers?
CheersUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1575980535.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1609134449.jpeg

The rod will be fine I would see what oem piston is sometimes the price is not that bad. Meteor is good. I have used a little red barn piston with no issues as well highway i have heard is ok too

I have a 2150 parts saw that donated a piston... Wasn't perfect but definitely usable. I'm sure the rod is fine but if I have to pull it down again I'll put the j-red crank in it too. Avoiding that for now as it's been a prick to get to seal.

I'm still curious about what would be best to use as spacers/thrust washers as the piston looks good in every other respect. Aftermarket cylinder could have been better but it does have a nice big exhaust port. Kit came from aliexpress I believe.

Latest posts

Back