Ticks !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s my job to do three cats and one dog. The misses too now from walking the dog.
I just ordered four of those old toms. The grown kids will have there own.

Right now none on the pets too. The weather has been cold, wet then warm. I know the tics only have hours to eat after they hatch. Let’s hope most of them died. I pulled tics off the pet in January during a warm up. Let’s hope it’s not a bad tic season.

The one thing most people do is spend 90 precent of there time inside . To think were going to clean an polish mother nature to are liking . I don't think will it happen . When we learn to respect the force . People will deal with this much better . All they know is find a pill . Do some hard nature

If I went to the doctor every time I got a tick off me, I'd probably have to live there. I do hate those little bastards.
I tried with tweezers and the tick removal tool but couldn't get him because of where he was attached. Our clinic is 2 minutes from the house and will take you and hour after you call so I figured I want to see if its a Black-Legged deer tick and it was, hence the antibiotics.

The one thing most people do is spend 90 precent of there time inside . To think were going to clean an polish mother nature to are liking . I don't think will it happen . When we learn to respect the force . People will deal with this much better . All they know is find a pill . Do some hard nature
Been outdoors all my life (I'm 52). I've been to the baddest, thickest, wildest forests in North America where I spent my days hiking, camping and fishing. Never had one bite me and latch on before.

Right now none on the pets too. The weather has been cold, wet then warm. I know the tics only have hours to eat after they hatch. Let’s hope most of them died. I pulled tics off the pet in January during a warm up. Let’s hope it’s not a bad tic season.
We have our dog on tick meds and have seen them on our last dog, but deer ticks have only been here in Eastern Ontario in the last 10 years or so as our winters are unstable temp wise and our summers are getting hotter and drier.

I tried with tweezers and the tick removal tool but couldn't get him because of where he was attached. Our clinic is 2 minutes from the house and will take you and hour after you call so I figured I want to see if its a Black-Legged deer tick and it was, hence the antibiotics.

Deer tick is bad enough but now the lone star tick may be even worse.Good friend of mine was treated for lyme diesease(deer tick) is now being treated for something from the lone star tick.No red meat for at least one year.

Anyone knows if for most people, Lymes disease is something the body get used too? I am freaking out a little because this is a new disease here and we are seeing lots of ticks for the last 4 days.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...has-a-lesson-for-summer/ar-AAxN4SL?ocid=ientp

Its a disease that effects every person differently. A friend completely shuts down every couple of years as a result of a bite he got over 10 years ago, Otherwise, perfectly normal. I've had Lyme twice and cleared it with antibiotics. I think I have it again, new red mark on my lower back that I thought was a bruise. It's been there for 3 weeks but not the typical bulls eye. I'm pretty sure it's Lyme as I have sudden bouts with the sweats and high fever every three or four days for an hour or so. Going in for blood tests this week.

If you do suspect lyme from a tick bite or ANY complicatios due to a tick bite, make sure the doctors test for the multitude of possibilities.

https://www.prevention.com/health/a20117220/tick-borne-diseases/

Deer tick is bad enough but now the lone star tick may be even worse.Good friend of mine was treated for lyme diesease(deer tick) is now being treated for something from the lone star tick.No red meat for at least one year.
Yes I've heard about that one. Not allowed to eat any more red meats.
Wow. Hope he gets well soon.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...has-a-lesson-for-summer/ar-AAxN4SL?ocid=ientp

Its a disease that effects every person differently. A friend completely shuts down every couple of years as a result of a bite he got over 10 years ago, Otherwise, perfectly normal. I've had Lyme twice and cleared it with antibiotics. I think I have it again, new red mark on my lower back that I thought was a bruise. It's been there for 3 weeks but not the typical bulls eye. I'm pretty sure it's Lyme as I have sudden bouts with the sweats and high fever every three or four days for an hour or so. Going in for blood tests this week.

If you do suspect lyme from a tick bite or ANY complicatios due to a tick bite, make sure the doctors test for the multitude of possibilities.

Oh No. Hope you're ok.
I would also go straight away to see the doctor and tell them you want to be tested for it. Don't let them assure you of otherwise.
Like you say, all cases are different and can be seen with all different symptoms.
That's the danger, is that some will think its just this or that and assume they'll get over it when in actual fact you've been bitten and don't/didn't know it.
Famous singer Avril Lavigne grew up close to me here and she had a visit, got bit, didn't know it and contracted Lyme disease.
If you do find a deer tick on you (black legged), keep it after removal and insist on it being tested for the disease. At least then you'll know and can do treatment.

One blood draw for 4 types of tick diseases is what was done for me but the doc started me on doxycycline before the results were back, good call, I tested positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. One 3 week round of the medicine and I was fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testing is now up to 6 kinds of issues around here. It sounds crazy but just about every ailment someone has is or could be related to tick bites.

A hunting friend of mine almost died two years ago from a tick bit. Was going down hard and went to the doctor for meds, doxcy. Took them and almost instantly had a negative reaction to the meds, kidneys shut down, lungs filled with liquid, fever, etc. Hospital for two weeks and finally got away from the problem.

It can be really bad.

Same here man I had Lyme too. I read you can become immune to the same strain.

Testing is now up to 6 kinds of issues around here. It sounds crazy but just about every ailment someone has is or could be related to tick bites.

A hunting friend of mine almost died two years ago from a tick bit. Was going down hard and went to the doctor for meds, doxcy. Took them and almost instantly had a negative reaction to the meds, kidneys shut down, lungs filled with liquid, fever, etc. Hospital for two weeks and finally got away from the problem.

It can be really bad.
Use Permethin treated clothing when working in areas that you suspect ticks will be in.

Back