Ticks !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working in the woods probably 2-3 days a week the past month. Haven’t seen a tick in weeks but the mosquitoes are still thick as thieves around my cabin.

The good news is we are only about 3 weeks from frost so that will put an end to them.

I had only seen one nest all year, a tiny one that I quickly zapped under my eaves. Then I was walking through my in-laws yard and got stung by a yellow jacket last weekend from a big nest under their eave.
Averaging one sting a week here. Baldface Hornets packing the most poison in their stings , as I have seen so far.

7F5741FA-F642-45F5-A4F8-B1B9107CFF54.jpeg
Averaging one sting a week here. Baldface Hornets packing the most poison in their stings , as I have seen so far.
Assholes with wings, if you spot a nest, hit it with as big a water hose as you can find! We have lots of hornets this yr. I’m told that blue jays love to eat them so I’ve let them nest here for the last few yrs, I’ll put up with their noise if they kill the hornets.

View attachment 670462
Assholes with wings, if you spot a nest, hit it with as big a water hose as you can find! We have lots of hornets this yr. I’m told that blue jays love to eat them so I’ve let them nest here for the last few yrs, I’ll put up with their noise if they kill the hornets.
I always kill them i owe them that! Soap and Permethrin in hot water. Jays are alright.

Latest posts

Back