Tillotson HL Carb Rebuild w/pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys just wondering could I have pictures on rebuilding a tillotson carburettor it's on a stihl 031av I think there is a gasket missing on the pump side thanks

Thanks for reply en en that model number you gave me helped me locate a rebuild kit I couldn't find a model just make and to be honest I don't know how to start new thread thanks

I have little to add, but, still I want to thank the poster for this work. He put extra effort into getting the photography right, then adding text, details, etc. This should be an example of how to do a professional grade tutorial.

Most chainsaw HL's take the DG-5HL diaphragm/gasket kit. The RK (Repair Kit) 'full kits' are model specific. Most (but not all) take the RK-88HL kit. The main differences between the various RK's lies in the needle and seat. A few different heights were used. May also be some differences in welch plugs and such.

I'm wondering if anyone can fix the blurry pictures in the beginning of this thread. I'm about to embark on this journey....thanks!

I'm wondering if anyone can fix the blurry pictures in the beginning of this thread. I'm about to embark on this journey....thanks!
No, I doubt it. All of the old photos were lost several years ago, and really gutted this site. Those ones there were on "Photobucket" and they went out, or started charging money too.
This site became almost worthless almost at once, and still hasn't recovered.
A lot of great posts/folks pics and videos were thrown out, and a lot of those members will never be back.

No, I doubt it. All of the old photos were lost several years ago, and really gutted this site. Those ones there were on "Photobucket" and they went out, or started charging money too.
This site became almost worthless almost at once, and still hasn't recovered.
A lot of great posts/folks pics and videos were thrown out, and a lot of those members will never be back.

Dang...thats a bummer!

Tore into the silver logmaster some more today since it snowed all over my corn field. Mainly just takedown and cleaning up the 200 year old petrified crust of grease and oil. Brake fluid and an air hose were ok but when I switched over to PB blaster and air hose I didn't need to scrub hardly at all. The PB really loosened it up fast. Are there parts lists around here for these saws? Gonna need a gas cap if it ends up running.

Back