Tillotson HS-236-C Injection problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustynutz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Anyone know the HS 236C injection system
I have removed the plastic parts (valve), there are two holes one in the bottom go's to metering valve supply and the other in the side wall looks like it should go strate to the butterfly side of the venturi
however cant get anything (WD40) through there??? looking from the venturl side looks like a brass fitting pushed in there,is this a blocked jet or some kind of non return valve???
just trying to work out if its safe to push some wire through to get it working or is it more complicated then just a jet?

Forgot to say reason for strip down was poor starting 25 to 30 pulls to get it going (or a good cardiovascular work out) once started runs like a dream! will tick over all day long and pulls about 12'000 rpm when cutting.

looked at the IPL but it only shows the plastic valve not the jet/NRV

any thoughts?

As a point of interest I emailed the same post to Tillotson and got this reply.....
Hello Russ,
This is the choke jet which you are referring to, and it
sounds like it is blocked. It has a very small machining through it with
a diameter of only 0.25mm which is about 0.010". If you could try
blowing it with compressed air through from the area where you have
removed the plastic injection choke. This jet is sized so small that it
will run the engine with the choke in the on position. If you increase
it too much by pushing wire etc through it then the larger size will not
start and run but start and flood the engine.Good luck.
Regards,
Jack.
Just thought I'd include this it in case anyone else has the same or similar problem
go's to prove the importance of good filters and clean fuel!

Impressed with Tillotson's service
and a quick response too only sent that off lunch time today as I was getting no reply here! (all hale Tillotson)

this is a bit like talking to myself but instead of being in my workshop like usual, I'm in hyperspace.

and the only one in the world with Dolmar injection carbs too
well better get going I need to go and talk to myself in the shop now !!

OK so I tried blowing with air line as Jack said, didn't shift it so got hold of a electric guitar string "top E I think 0.010" anyway just the right size and pushed that through "Bingo" I can now see light through it
now just reassembly and see if that cures my fault!

Last edited:
Ahhh there are people out there!
Hi Tdi Rick welcome to the loneliest post on tinternet

I don't know how big they made them, runs the SD120Si with gusto, the one I'm fixing is for a SD116Si and "when running" go's like the clappers too... think there 56 & 68cc

all assembled now,will keep you posted on the result, can't test it now my neighbors get humfy if I fire up big saws after midnight haaa

Thanks for the reply
Russ...

Hey there Rustynuts, I thought I would add to your loneliest thread.:msp_wink:

Good information you have there and it helped me with a DSC6000i Makita (Blue Dolmar) I recently acquired. It had the same problem and I followed your steps plus soaked the venturi hole with some carb cleaner and things seem to be working well now. It saves me having to choke it by removing the airfilter then plugging the intake elbow hole with my thumb.
:rock:

Just curious if you got yours running.

Here are a few photos of the injection valve assembly with needle as well as the hole which the needle covers/uncovers and the orifice which goes to the venturi.

Just a word of caution to anyone else attempting to remove the injection valve, go easy/slowly when removing it since it is press fitted to seal and could break.

needle.jpg

needlehole.jpg

venturihole.jpg

Most excellent set of photo's Woodplayer
and pleased to say my saw runs and starts beautifully now!

thanks for chipping in on my lonely post.

Russ...

Back