Timber Devil wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a Timber Devil double splitter last week and it was delivered on Wednesday, really cool machine, very fast also about a 4 second cycle time on each splitter even if both are working the cycle time stays the same.
I'm really satisfied with this machine, money well spent.

How are they getting the fast cycle times? Some of the units on their site only list 9hp engines but are still showing four or five second cycle times.

Great Splitters

I wish I had that size of a wood pile like yours.I can,t seem to catch mine up. You made a good choice on the splitter choice.

Totally awesome. I'm building a splitter very similar to the Timberdevil! I bought a regular splitter and converting it over.

If you could do me a favor, could you take some good pictures of the wedge, slide, and cylinder mount? Thanks

IMO, this is the only way to split wood!

I bought a Timber Devil double splitter last week and it was delivered on Wednesday, really cool machine, very fast also about a 4 second cycle time on each splitter even if both are working the cycle time stays the same.
I'm really satisfied with this machine, money well spent.

that looks just like a machine that is or was built by a company called powersplit or something like that. i had a video. one slick machine. congrats on the purchase. enjoy

A local firewood dealer has one like Barnie's. I was able to take a close up look at it one day. They use a single stage pump with a sort of bell housing off the back of the engine. They call it a force multiplier. I haven't figured how it works.

I believe Powersplit and Timberdevil are the same. Timberdevil may have bought the splitter division from Powersplit a hydraulics product manufacturer.

If your owners manual has info on the engine to pump connection. That may answer some of our questions.

Just out of sheer curiousity, what are the prices on their units? I've seen them for the last couple of years, but was always scared to ask!:jawdrop:

Just out of sheer curiousity, what are the prices on their units? I've seen them for the last couple of years, but was always scared to ask!:jawdrop:

I called Timberwold a month ago. They are out of Canada and speak French. I first talked to a woman that didn't understand me. Finally she put a gentleman on the phone that half-way understood english. I told him I wanted a number to a US distributer and after a few times telling this he spit out a NY number. I called that distributer and asked a few questions. I was interested in single commercial vertical splitter. It was $7500 plus shipping. :bang:

That's why I'm building my own!:buttkick:

Thank you!

I think I'd pass as well!

I was on break at work and drinking a pepsi when I was talking to him. I about spit my pepsi everywhere when he told me the price!

Hate to know what the OP paid for his double unit with a conveyer! I'm guessing close to 20k?

Here is a price list I received about 8 years ago. The two hand written prices were US dollars at that time.
attachment.php

I paid $15,500. I thought I was paying a fair price for it until I got it last week and after trying it and seeing the speed and power it has I think I would buy another, the force multiplier works by keeping the momentum of the engine up when the Hydraulics are working [its just like a heavy flywheel] as far as I see anyway.The video says it could do a face cord in three minutes and I figured the video was made to make the machine look good but after trying the splitter I know now that it can do a face cord in three minutes with two guys of course.

That's very interesting. Always wanted to hear from someone that actually owns one. I have a expanding firewood business and I am seriously considering one. Do you have the double model or single?

I have a single stage with a conveyor, its a swisher and 2 kids. Now I think about it the 15k for the timberdevil sounds like a better deal!

That's very interesting. Always wanted to hear from someone that actually owns one. I have a expanding firewood business and I am seriously considering one. Do you have the double model or single?

I got the double model and I'm very satisfied with its performance.

Latest posts

Back