Timber Devil wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to use a duel power split in NC working for a large firewood supplier and 2 guys feesing it 10 hrs a day with the wood bring stacked for you , we could pump out a 70 cords a day easy
There is no way you were doing 70 cords a day with a Timber Devil/Powersplit. Not possible.

There is a semi trailer for sale in our local Auto Trader, looks to be six foot sides and live bottom. A couple guys cut rounds and load trailer with conveyor or tele handler into trailer, and live bottom feed rounds to a ramp and bench, to a PowerSplit.
That is how the guy I bought my power split from did it. They welded the log lift in the up position, and used the log lift hydraulics to run some sort of table that had a hydraulic motor and I'm guessing like you explained a live bottom or maybe a farm chopper wagon with the chain feed on the floor. It would feed the rounds to the splitter then. Lumberjax firewood south of me does it that way as well. They cut rounds and split in half on a mult-tek, then dump the halves into a trailer that they have jacked up, and they gravity feed to the guys running the power split.

I use to use a duel power split in NC working for a large firewood supplier and 2 guys feesing it 10 hrs a day with the wood bring stacked for you , we could pump out a 70 cords a day easy
its been ten years since i got mine and its still going strong with no issues other than a flat tire one time...

Latest posts

Back