Timber Fallers Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot rodded 440, 28" reduced weight bar, full skip square
576xpw, 32", full skip square
066 big bore, 36" reduced weight, full skip square

Now that I'm into smaller timber, I use a 242xp husqvarna for falling. That thing is so light compaired to the 288 that I have to look down at times to make sure I'm still packing the little bugger. All around falling saw is my 372 modifyed with a full wrap and 28" bar with skip 75jgx chain

Where I'm working now I've been using the 361 with a 28" and an 066 with 41".

Most of the time I drop it and then use the 361 for limbing. Trees are doug fir with some pine and a few other evergreens mixed in.

Mr. HE:cool:

So who's buying all the 441's??
I’m dropping big firs and cutting oak for selling firewood with a 441. I pick it up over my 660 9 times out of 10 because of the weight advantage. If I need a bar bigger than 28 it’s the 660

Ive got a truck full of saws that go to the woods with me and any one of them are capable of pulling duty felling timber. Right now, and I never thought I would say this, but im stumping with a 562xp. I love that little saw! The biggest advantage to it is the light weight. I run a 20" bar 99% of the time. IF I need more saw or more bar theres a 390xp with a 28" bar on it always close at hand.
The saw assortment that goes to work with me normally is: a MS461 and a jonsered redmax gz7000 that does bucking on the yard, a spare 390xp with a 20" bar, a 576AT with a 20", the 390xp with a 28" and the 562xp with a 20". My son also brings a ms460 and another 562xp. LOL even my truck driver that does the hauling has usually got a 372xp with him in the log truck.

I’d be curious to see the added comments today if guys are still rebuilding the 044 064 066 type saws or most guys have moved onto the new numbers. I took a near 10 year sabbatical and rebuilt my 440’s, but I’m wondering how many are still going that didn’t sit out that time on a shelf. Or has the kit saw parts market made them live forever. The way mine look if they had been used the last 10 years they would probably be beyond repair by now!

Back