Timberframe Barn build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I finally bought a band mill last year for a barn I decided to build. The building is 28'x50', two stories. Doing the mortice and tennon along with white ash pegs. I've been chipping away at it for about a year and I'm finally putting it up. I'm doing this project alone so the progress is slow but very rewarding. I'll start getting pictures up tonight.
6efefeb914d2001f92f121c43d6aa1c7.jpg

0dba204fe13257f1c39b50d3df05ba51.jpg

5f6b298ce327646bcbf0923dcf1b1393.jpg

7c3745695dfdaf9607ec67dacb714229.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Wow. Amazing work. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful barn. That's a lot of work. Keep at it and keep up with the pictures for us.

looks like you ended up with a chain mortiser, decide it just took to long doing them by hand?

Somehow I expected to see hack job timber framed barn in this thread...Not what I got at all...really nice work, more pics and commentary...Is this going to be for animals/shop?????
G Vavra

Somehow I expected to see hack job timber framed barn in this thread...Not what I got at all...really nice work, more pics and commentary...Is this going to be for animals/shop?????
G Vavra
My woodshop will be on the second floor, metal working, forge and welding on the first floor. Putting a lean to on the back for cows and a lean to on the side for my sawmill. I outgrew my little shop a long time ago. This barn will be 28'x50'.

My woodshop will be on the second floor, metal working, forge and welding on the first floor. Putting a lean to on the back for cows and a lean to on the side for my sawmill. I outgrew my little shop a long time ago. This barn will be 28'x50'.

sounds like you have already outgrown your new shop and it isnt even built yet

Oh my. What little you have shown looks great. Good luck to you. How much do you expect to complete before winter really sets in?

Oh my. What little you have shown looks great. Good luck to you. How much do you expect to complete before winter really sets in?
Would like to get the first floor up and deck the second floor. Then I'll tarp in an area to work on rafters.

What makes a chain mortiser chain different from a chainsaw chain? Is it just wider kerf?

Wow!

Awesome project.

I'd love to see the plans. 28' is a pretty wide span. They did some spans like that long ago with a "swing beam". So you could pull in the hay wagons and turn them around without a post in the way.

Wish you were closer I'd love to help out and learn a bit.

Latest posts

Back