Timberframe Barn build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome. I would love to learn timber framing but don't know anyone in my area that does it.
You can learn it on your own, there are some great books out there and YouTube is your friend. There are also some good forums. If you want to learn it, there's a ton of information to be found.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Great thread!! Milling forum has been dead as of late this is just what we needed. Keep up the good work!

What did that bandsaw run you?
The mill with 28' of track and 15 extra blades was $6,000 out the door. I drove down to Hudons where they make them. They are excellent to deal with, and their pricing is really good. It's certainly not a fancy mill but it cuts square and is very simple to use.

Two more bents to stand and it's on to putting the second floor on. I've lost the last couple of weekends on the project but have been able to get all the floor joists in on what is standing at night. I ended up making a boom for my tractor after putting up the first ten carrying them up a 10' step ladder by myself, they are 12' long hemlock and white pine 5x8's.

Beautiful work, good videos for fellow learners like me. I know enough not to bite off something that big myself, but I'm planning a timberframe carport and a shed.

Beautiful work, good videos for fellow learners like me. I know enough not to bite off something that big myself, but I'm planning a timberframe carport and a shed.
Go for it! Don't be intimidated by a larger project, just do really good load calcs and good research. It's pretty straightforward once you get going on it.

Very cool project. Awesome to see building the old fashion way. Been fixing up the old family barn the past few years. Can appreciate the time and work that goes into it.

Very cool project. Awesome to see building the old fashion way. Been fixing up the old family barn the past few years. Can appreciate the time and work that goes into it.
Good on you for giving life to an old barn. Too many are going by the wayside.

Spring is here so I'm back at it. Spent yesterday in the woods knocking trees down for the barn. Was a great day.

No master here, just a weekend warrior spending way too much time playing with my wood.

I think your WAY too modest. This doesn't look like your first rodeo:D Thanks for posting!

I think your WAY too modest. This doesn't look like your first rodeo:D Thanks for posting!
First timber frame but I've built a lot of stuff over the years. I appreciate the encouragement. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing. Very nice looking work. Will look forward to the rest of your project. Thanks.

Back