Time for a little Christmas Giving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's almost that time of year again. We've had a thread like this the last few years . This thread is for items that you want to give away, not to be mistaken with the swap meet thread. I think it's appropriate to ask for shipping, but would like to see all items offered for free.

I'll start this off with a few items. I'm only asking shipping costs, about $5-$8.

Spoken for. This is a 372 muffler with triple ports. It will also work on a 385 or 390.
IMG8074-M.jpg

IMG8075-M.jpg

This is a 372 big bore piston. I shortened the skirts to match those in a MS460, but ended up going a different route.
IMG8072-M.jpg

IMG8073-M.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a MS260 filter. Just needs a little cleaning. I believe it's new.
IMG8069-M.jpg

IMG8070-M.jpg

This is a muffler cover for a MS460/046.
IMG8068-M.jpg

Spoken for. These are OEM coils off a 390XP. They will also work on many other models, but are rev limited to 13,000 RPMs. I've got one person that asked for these a couple months ago. I'll check and see if he still wants them.
IMG8071-M.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread, Brad. Shoot, I already offered up a running XL-12 for the cost of shipping as a Christmas gift, and it'll be going out tomorrow. Guess I'll search around the shop and see if I have some other tidbits that I could give away. :msp_thumbup:

Thanks for starting this up again this year, Brad. Merry Christmas.

All I can come up with right now is a file guide. I've gone to freehand in the field and Granberg at home.
It's the Pferd/Husqvarna type that does the rakers and cutters at the same time. It's for 3/8 (7/32).

I'd like first dibs to go to Ely for gifting me an XL-12 for one of my Christmas projects. If he doesn't want it it's up for grabs.

sharp-force-file-guide-5ba8feb0.png

Last edited:
It's almost that time of year again. We've had a thread like this the last few years . This thread is for items that you want to give away, not to be mistaken with the swap meet thread. I think it's appropriate to ask for shipping, but would like to see all items offered for free.

I'll start this off with a few items. I'm only asking shipping costs, about $5-$8.

This is a 372 muffler with triple ports. It will also work on a 385 or 390.
IMG8074-M.jpg

IMG8075-M.jpg

This is a 372 big bore piston. I shortened the skirts to match those in a MS460, but ended up going a different route.
IMG8072-M.jpg

IMG8073-M.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a MS260 filter. Just needs a little cleaning. I believe it's new.
IMG8069-M.jpg

IMG8070-M.jpg

This is a muffler cover for a MS460/046.
IMG8068-M.jpg

These are OEM coils off a 390XP. They will also work on many other models, but are rev limited to 13,000 RPMs. I've got one person that asked for these a couple months ago. I'll check and see if he still wants them.
IMG8071-M.jpg

OK Brad...... I'll take them all........ Thanks. I'll paypal you a total of $5.09, give you an extra quarter if you use bubble wrap.....

Thanks for starting this up again this year, Brad. Merry Christmas.

All I can come up with right now is a file guide. I've gone to freehand in the field and Granberg at home.
It's the Pferd/Husqvarna type that does the rakers and cutters at the same time. It's for 3/8 (7/32).

I'd like first dibs to go to Ely for gifting me an XL-12 for one of my Christmas projects. If he doesn't want it it's up for grabs.

sharp-force-file-guide-5ba8feb0.png

Thanks bud! I'm in for it. I don't have one that does the rakers at the same time, and all but one of my Stihls are 3/8. Merry Christmas, my friend! I'll send you a PM with the addy. :bowdown:

gimme gimme hahaha :hmm3grin2orange:

i might have some stuff, ill check when i get home from work.

These are free to a good home. The cover (plastic) is off a MS290,310,390 used maybe 3 times. The hd filter is a new take off, the dogs are new take off MS650,660. The catcher is new take off MS650,660 (I think it will fit 440,460 also). The muffler cover was a new take of MS650,660.

attachment.php

These are free to a good home. The cover (plastic) is off a MS290,310,390 used maybe 3 times. The hd filter is a new take off, the dogs are new take off MS650,660. The catcher is new take off MS650,660 (I think it will fit 440,460 also). The muffler cover was a new take of MS650,660.

attachment.php

Nice! I've got a 660, but don't actually need any of what's posted. Merry Christmas!

I could use the filter and the dogs

The cover (plastic) is off a MS290
Mine looks awful and the rest of the saw looks great. I don't need a shiny nice one, but would be happy to have it if someone in need doesn't show up.
Merry Christmas either way !

Back