Time for a little Christmas Giving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOLOL!!!! Will, you do have a dark side buried under that laidback demeanor!!! gotta late Christmas present for you bud!!! a black 7900 top cover its not perfect,,, but it will work may need a little TLC

LOL, ya I do have a bit of a dark side, all in fun though. A black top cover would be sweet!

attachment.php
Ready to be scratched up! May just drag the log chains through it to get it over :mad2:

Gotta get the shackle off the electric forklift. Was dragging Mom's truck into the shop with it the other week :D

Just sayin. After 3 days in bed, I could barely hold that sucker up to paint under neath it. Nice work Nate!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you were down with a bug Zach. :(

Hook looks sweet though!! :rock:

Although you clearly stole Will's paint design. :laugh:

No way! Mine is definitely gloss black!! It may have to be sanded to fit... Plenty of primer, and couple extra coats of paint.

I like having a shackle point too. Dad welded up a tri-ball adjustable hitch when I had my lifted F150. I had him add a shackle point on it too. Came in handy a few times. But also had to get one with the long bolt/pin and put a nut on it so idiots wouldnt steal it!

here in pa they can ticket you for leaving a hitch in. i thought it was bs until i saw a ticket a guy got. i am sure he did something else wrong to cause it though BILL

My 3ball adjustable hitch and the pintle hitch stay on the back of the truck for damage control :D Figure if I put the radiator through the block, it will slow a car down a little bit.

I dont like to leave my hitch in my receiver for 2 reasons. First is have you ever walked behind your truck late at night and whacked your shin on one? You may say a few choice words. Second is I live in Minnesota and the hitch will rust in to the receiver very fast and I have battled removing hitches out and again the choice words come out.

I was about to drag my balls.. Today hauling a load of redoak firewood. 3/4 ton Dodge sitting on the stops on the leaf springs. Thought I was gonna have to take the hitch out :msp_scared: Rain has all the wood soaking wet!

I've done the shin whack on a hitch. . . Sucks! Don't have the rusting problem here, nor the theft of hitches really.

Most trucks you see on the road will have their hitch in.

Sheesh, you guys are some serious anti-hook users!! :laugh:

Somebody use one already dang nabbit!! :D

Spun out in the driveway yesterday Nate, thought I was going to get to use the hitch :p

Then had to lock er in 4wd to get to the woodpile. The ground here is saturated from rain. And all I have on the ground that I could pull around is 36" x 8' or bigger.

Spun out in the driveway yesterday Nate, thought I was going to get to use the hitch :p

Then had to lock er in 4wd to get to the woodpile. The ground here is saturated from rain. And all I have on the ground that I could pull around is 36" x 8' or bigger.

Just so you know, doing broadies in the driveway doesn't constitute "spinning out". :D

Does that mean Id have time to use my hitch?

Maybe Ill get a chance over the weekend. Gotta be something I can drag around, somewhere. I know the mudhole is still back in the woods, but missing the F150 with the 38"s

Back