Time for a saddle upgrade...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

current saddle options:

• Petzl Sequoia SRT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Notch Sentinel

• New tribe monkey beaver

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epiq45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, after a 10 (ish) year hiatus I finally started climbing again after my new climber started showing up whenever he wanted, and this puma saddle just isnt cutting it anymore...time for an upgrade! Now, at my local vermeer they had a few that i was able to put on...the notch sentinel and petzl sequoia srt seemed the most comfy, but in the magazine I just cant stop eyeballing the new tribe monkey beaver...all present options considered, i've got it narrowed down to these 3, but am open to new ones. Anyone have experience with the monkey beaver and/or the other 2? I'd love to hear a users comparison. I'm borrowing a buddies buckingham for a week or so and its better, but not several hundred dollars better...thanks in advance!

PS - i been working on my weight, but i weigh 220lbs. About 5 years ago i was sitting at 177 with almost nothing left to lose when i quit my gym membership. Figured that would be vital info in the comfort department!

Monkey Beaver is the ****ing jam. I can easily spend 8 hrs in saddle and it feels like nothing at all. great padding, excellent design. Worth every penny

Back