Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go get those little white fella's Matt.

I know it isn't good for my karma but, hey, I'm only human.

I AM a white fella Rick... That little line makes you sound like a tribal elder standing on a hill overlooking the first fleet's arrival ;)

Oh I also got an abusive eBay message today because a kit I posted 3 business days ago hadn't made it from country South Australia to country Western Australia. I rang her and she seemed nice - in the background I could hear her husband egging her on to have a go at me cause APPARENTLY it only takes 4 days for him to get stuff from China.
Ah well, they're out there, lurking everywhere...

Matt, I'm soooo glad I don't have to deal with the public anymore. I even get the willies when I have to go off the mountain and do some shopping in Port Macquarie.

One of these days I'm going to have to return to Los Angeles for family business - I don't know if I can carry that much valium on an aircraft.

Matt, I'm soooo glad I don't have to deal with the public anymore. I even get the willies when I have to go off the mountain and do some shopping in Port Macquarie.

One of these days I'm going to have to return to Los Angeles for family business - I don't know if I can carry that much valium on an aircraft.

I'm getting the same Terry. My mate who was in the SAS has basically turned into a hermit. He hates any major dealings with the real world at the moment and we've discussed at length how our abilities to handle BS is getting less and less as we get older - this is a common theme with basically all of my mates who are what most people would class as successful and well adjusted individuals. I used to turn and walk away but now I just want to lay out some of the idiots I have to deal with clean on their arses...

"He hates any major dealings with the real world" - that's the rub, it ain't the real world.

A 'Nam vet I know once said he wanted the capacity to shoot any SOB that got within 100 meters of his property. The last time I saw him he had extended that to 300 meters. I expect he is up to 600 meters by now.

"He hates any major dealings with the real world" - that's the rub, it ain't the real world.

A 'Nam vet I know once said he wanted the capacity to shoot any SOB that got within 100 meters of his property. The last time I saw him he had extended that to 300 meters. I expect he is up to 600 meters by now.

Yeah mate, I agree on the "real world" comment. Unfortunately from what I've seen with 90% of the younger generation (under 25's) that I know they are nearly genetically and socially engineered to be sh*t eaters and think it's normal. Although off topic (oh hang on, it's my thread :) ) I'd hate Australia to have another war like WWII in it's current state. 50% of young males would be too pi*s weak to fight, 5% would fight, and the other 45% would be fighting on our enemies' side or making them coffee and cups of tea...

So what you're saying is your mate had a .22, then went to a .223, and has now bought a .308? :)

He was already up to .308 - it was the range markers he was nailing to the trees around his place that gave his game away.

hahaha looks like that would be the perfect saw to give people when they ask to borrow your chainsaw

For interest's sake I've attached the unit descriptions for the felling training I'm undertaking. A lot more there than I thought! (reminds me of uni :( ) These are draught copies at this stage but gives an idea of what to expect. These draughts (if approved I presume) will each take the place of two current courses called "Fall Trees Manually" and "Harvest Trees Manually"...

For interest's sake I've attached the unit descriptions for the felling training I'm undertaking. A lot more there than I thought! (reminds me of uni :( ) These are draught copies at this stage but gives an idea of what to expect. These draughts (if approved I presume) will each take the place of two current courses called "Fall Trees Manually" and "Harvest Trees Manually"...

If you don't have to remove your clutch, I am gonna write Oz a strongly-worded letter!

Back