Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buy good coffee beans

grind them fresh

xn0p8

Then brew it

images

Stainless Steel double walled like a thermos

If you don't like it you know who to blame and what to do about it.

SWMBO is getting better, not before time.

Hopefully my coffee plantation (all four bushes) will produce enough quality beans to keep me in coffee. There seems to be a bit of art in fermenting the beans and then roasting them. I'm probably going to have a few disgusting cups of coffee before I get it right.

Coffea arabica......robusta are cheap and used to cut the price by blending.

Localy coffee dominion (local boutique roaster) are the source of the best beans.

I plan to use the dry prepossessing of the beans then remove the pulp roast etc.

Like terry said I think I will be drinking some ordinary stuff befor I put anyone outa bussiness.

Kopi Luwak is too vairable as you have no idea which trees the civets have been feeding and can be arabica, robusta, liberica, excelsa or other beans eaten by the civets

Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is one of the more expensive but consistent

Last edited:
Hey Saltas, we use a coffee pot like that every day. Here it is with a half cooked leg of (very) young sambar my dear wife is roasting this evening. When I finish this Guiness it will be ready to eat, mmm! Then coffee. I just love the weekend.

P1010855-1.jpg

Al.

My favourite coffee is Columbian. It is only lightly roasted, so there more 'coffee' taste. I don't care for the dark roasted blends. Another thing I found out while researching is that the darker the beans are roasted, the less caffine they contain.

Hopefully my coffee plantation (all four bushes) will produce enough quality beans to keep me in coffee. There seems to be a bit of art in fermenting the beans and then roasting them. I'm probably going to have a few disgusting cups of coffee before I get it right.

I thought about growing my own beans but it's to cold and windy over here, I might buy bulk green beans and have a go at roasting them, it's a fair bit cheaper buying green beans rather than roasted ones.

I like the light roast's as well. I love coffee, goe's hand in hand with everything I do. Some more nice cutting Matt.

Norm and Wendell, we take our espresso so seriously here Starbucks tried to muscle into the oz market but within a few years shut up shop and went home with their over-roasted, poorly extracted filth (is that too strong ? :msp_unsure:)
The little, already established independent cafés and roasters actually brought down one of the big boys with a better product.

A PR release at their departure stated something like "we underestimated how sophisticated Australian coffee culture was..."

Matt wanders off for a couple of days and looks what happens.

Starbucks is for beatniks! That's why I get my coffee to go. ;) Not like there's a place to sit down if I wanted to - it's full of people using it as a home office...I'm sorry, I mean beatniks using it as a place to sit and sell drugs on craigslist.

Poor matt

In his defence KFC, Hungry Jacks(burger king),etc all sell some thing like the floor sweepings from the international roach company and call it coffee, so I do have some sympathy for him trying to get a cuppa from Maccas.

However I seem to recall this is not the first time he has raised the maccas coffee issue, so pfhiiiit the tread was hijacked

Oh Matt, you're almost asking for it by buying a 'coffee' at the drive through.

Some of us don't have all day to laze around with their favourite baristas Rick :D

Just buy a few of those little animals Terry that eat the beans and poop em out. By the way, don't send me any to try if you go down that path :)

Sorry Matt for taking your thread off track.. just having a coffee break :big_smile:

No worries Wayne. I dare not get nasty in case you never make me another cappucino ;)

Matt wanders off for a couple of days and looks what happens.

I checked twice and thought that I'd somehow logged into "Beans 'r Us".

Yep! it's a marathon now.. it serves him right for leaving his thread untenanted for so long :hmm3grin2orange:

If I didn't have this bloody "server too busy" crap pop up every time I bloody log on I'd have gotten here in time to talk chainsaws. Anyway...

Yeah........this is what you get for admitting to consuming a Maccachino!

Rick's gay barista comment a while back should be harder to shake off Al :D

Last edited:
Poor matt

In his defence KFC, Hungry Jacks(burger king),etc all sell some thing like the floor sweepings from the international roach company and call it coffee, so I do have some sympathy for him trying to get a cuppa from Maccas.

However I seem to recall this is not the first time he has raised the maccas coffee issue, so pfhiiiit the tread was hijacked

Yeah last time I mentioned that Macca's drive thru coffee was OK in this thread there was a riot :) It's got a LOT LOT worse since then though. It used to be OK at our local Maccas. Now it is absolute filth.

Latest posts

Back