Tollotson carb external leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sled_22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a tillotson hs carb that appears to have an external leak. I’ve rebuilt it thinking I had the leak solved but it appears that it’s pushing fuel out somewhere especially when tipped on the throttle linkage side.
I've done some searching and see they can wear the throttle butterfly shaft. I had not checked that when I had it off from the saw.
so my question is, will fuel leak out the throttle shaft when the saw is running? Or push out after shut down if the tank is not venting correctly? Most of the information I found more pointed at a worn shaft as an air leak. I don’t have any symptoms of an air leak as the saw runs well.
Are there any other points on the carb I should look for that would cause an external fuel leak. It’s not a lot, couple drips but noticeable on a clean surface.
saw - jonsered 2095.

Attachments

• DC633AD1-2FDF-4F2B-BAE5-97AE692B3E53.jpeg
    DC633AD1-2FDF-4F2B-BAE5-97AE692B3E53.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
So as simple as it sounds. The fuel line must have had a hole in it. I did trim it back the first time, but it must not have been enough. Thus why it looked like it was coming from the throttle shaft. All cleaned up now. Video of the saw running in the jonsered thread.
thanks for the help all.

Back