Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Too Much Business

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Ryan@OTT, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ryan@OTT

Ryan@OTT ArboristSite Lurker

That's very fair! I guess I could get a 12" chipper instead of the 6" I've been using, and add a groundman to the operation instead of just tossing the work.
    Thanks for the input!

2. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

Make sure you check out the costs on insurance such, for the new hire before doing so. Also OSHA requirements. you also will have to pay 15% for FICA( that is split 50/50 between you and hiree), guess all I am saying is make sure your apples are all in the cart before hooking up the horse.

3. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

Be interesting to see these saw blades. I was figuring they were 40-60" blades to take that kind of time on them.

4. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

saw blades- 6 grind set ups per blade: face - 120 tips, top - 120 tips, 66%at 30degs left - 40 tips , 66% at 30 deg right 40 tips, 15 % @ 30 deg right 40 tips and 15% 30 deg left same tooth. 3 tooth sequence. Called a California Triple Chip. When the blades are new and for several resharpening there after one has to make up a very thin faced diamond wheel to get between the shoulder and tooth face for the face grind. That becomes a dedicated wheel just for this type of job.

Attached Files: