Too too many customers!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any trees left to cut after the fires?

After the last two weeks of storm and strong wind we had hundreds of trees fall over and near power lines. Our local utility company brought in thirty additional crews to remove trees and branches. The wood however is all chipped. I was thinking people from near by would be happy to have more customers, but no. I have doubled my prices from two years ago and that does not even raise an eyebrow. I have umpteen Oak deliveries going out at $400 for a midsize ( 1/2 cord ) pickup load. Thanks

Yes, just curious what the lodge does with bundles. Actually my wife wanted to know. Thanks Steve.

The lodge you mention has a total of thirty rooms. Twenty of the rooms are more average than the other ten according to the owner. It is a lodge that I have never been to so do not know for sure. Each room or section has its' own fireplace. The owner says that they average twenty bundles a day use. Each room has a bin that holds about fifteen bundles. Each tenant may take and burn what they want while being charged for what they use. The average price for bundles was about ten bucks each in October. I would guess they are twenty each now. I can not imagine going to a resort area where as the main attraction is skiing and sledding with about five feet of new snow and no fire in the fire place. In Big Bear Lake elevation is 7200 feet with the lodges being close to 8000 feet. The owner said they were down to forty bundles a couple of days ago. I made a few calls to see what was available with no one calling me back. I would guess the price of wood might get pricey. Thanks

The lodge you mention has a total of thirty rooms. Twenty of the rooms are more average than the other ten according to the owner. It is a lodge that I have never been to so do not know for sure. Each room or section has its' own fireplace. The owner says that they average twenty bundles a day use. Each room has a bin that holds about fifteen bundles. Each tenant may take and burn what they want while being charged for what they use. The average price for bundles was about ten bucks each in October. I would guess they are twenty each now. I can not imagine going to a resort area where as the main attraction is skiing and sledding with about five feet of new snow and no fire in the fire place. In Big Bear Lake elevation is 7200 feet with the lodges being close to 8000 feet. The owner said they were down to forty bundles a couple of days ago. I made a few calls to see what was available with no one calling me back. I would guess the price of wood might get pricey. Thanks
Thanks Ted . Like @Logger nate said wish I was closer. Sounds like a wood gold mine like the the old days.

I have told at least 200 people sorry can not help you out his fall. I really do not want to start to count the customers from the notes. Two years ago we had no winter which likely cause most businesses to go South. I was thinking that at least some people near would say sure I have some extra wood, nope. Thanks

Back