Took out an oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gorgeous day for tree work. My in-laws wanted a tree removed, so I rented a lift and chunked it out. I also trimmed up 3 trees for another fellow - 2 hackberries that were overgrowing the power lines and a maple that was hanging over his neighbor's house. Didn't get many pics (none of the hackberries), but here is the haul from the oak.

54405738_10218267120974542_1124138776977735680_o.jpg

54520226_10218267121094545_1122966461359325184_o.jpg

Everything noodled to size for easy lifting. Nice big pile of noodles. Hopefully some friends of mine are going to pick them up for their gardens or animals.

No I didn't use any more straps than that. I was only going around the block to the back of the property where my shop is.

If you were just going around the corner, wouldn't it have been easier to do a couple smaller loads so you didn't have to load as high?

If you were just going around the corner, wouldn't it have been easier to do a couple smaller loads so you didn't have to load as high?
You need to understand, Unc loves a good work-out. In fact, he probably tossed those pieces in from 15' - 20' away.

You need to understand, Unc loves a good work-out. In fact, he probably tossed those pieces in from 15' - 20' away.

At least! :muscle:

My FIL was helping. And no respectable guy makes two trips on anything when he can do it in one. :innocent:

I need a truck like that in my life.

All men do. 4wd, 4 doors, and it dumps!!

I have some interesting plans for that stump. I'm going to carve a throne out of it. I told my wife, and her first question was "where are you going to put it?"

I know she doesn't want it in our yard, and my in-laws won't want it in theirs. Maybe I can sell it!
!! it wont sell unless you carve a "TP HOLDER" to go with it…. lol

I have a '84 K10. No dump, no 4 door. Would be nice to have a stake rack and dump.

Our little town has a yard waste dump. Leaves, brush, trees, vegetation, etc. One of my greatest joys in life is to drive in there, have one of the kids start the dump when I'm almost to the burn pile, back in, finish the dump, drive away as the kid lowers it back down. It's even better when a couple guys are already there offloading their own rigs by hand.

Our little town has a yard waste dump. Leaves, brush, trees, vegetation, etc. One of my greatest joys in life is to drive in there, have one of the kids start the dump when I'm almost to the burn pile, back in, finish the dump, drive away as the kid lowers it back down. It's even better when a couple guys are already there offloading their own rigs by hand.
lol … it sure is nice to reminisce of all the old back ache's that was while smiling from ear to ear! mean while leaving the hand unloaders wondering what your problem is with a sheepish grin?? lol

I backed into the dump back in the winter. This dad had a boy about 5-6 all bundled up, red from the cold. The dad was pulling sticks out of one of those roof racks that look like a big egg on top of a Range Rover. The little boy was not having any fun. I stopped short of the pile and took my tailgate off. The little boy said, "why's he doing that?". The dad said, "IDK, lets watch". Then I pulled up, moved over and backed right up against the pile. The little boy said, "How's he going to get the sticks off that close?" Before the dad could answer I walked over with my remote, and said, "Like this" and pushed the button. When the dump started going up that kid started jumping up and down and clapping and laughing. When I was getting ready to pull out he walked over to me and said, "That was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my whole life!" Just thinking about that kid has me smiling and chuckling, and I have to admit, it is pretty cool.

As for trucks? My Dad bought a brand new 72 Chevy C30 12' stake body, no dump. We put a half chipper box on it that I had to unload with a fork. Then he bought a used 68 Chevy C50 with a 12' dump. Then a brand new 78 Ford F600 with 12'X6' high steel chipper box. As far as trucks go, I'll keep my brand new F150XLT, with bucket seats and sat radio, and my 8' dump trailer. I don't care if I ever ride in a big truck ever again.!

I have some interesting plans for that stump. I'm going to carve a throne out of it. I told my wife, and her first question was "where are you going to put it?"

I know she doesn't want it in our yard, and my in-laws won't want it in theirs. Maybe I can sell it!
I thought she was going to say," Where are you gonna sit?"
Ha,ha.

Latest posts

Back