Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as great as the pioneer saw thread....

This was (or is) a really good idea. I especially like the power head holder. Going to have to make one of those.

Joe

Frank,would you have a picture of that combination of zerk fitting and threaded pipe.for some reason i can't seem to graspit
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence, I think he's saying to thread the gun hose directly onto whatever you have screwed into the cylinder,bypassing the quick coupler on the end of the hose and the zerk fitting. You wouldn't have to worry about blowing the coupler off the fitting that way. Thats my take on it anyway,probably a good idea with that much potential pressure. :)

These guys have everthing..not the cheapest, but always good. Used them for 40 years

McMaster-Carr in Chicago

10, 15, or 25 punch sets
English or Metric sets

$110 to $375

http://www.mcmaster.com/#gasket-cutters/=68q19v

They would order stuff from them where I used to work, top shelf stuff but expensive. For some things it is absolutely best practice to buy the best you can

Mightyvac kit

At Autozone $29.95 Made by Mightyvac, even has their name on it. I saw the same kit at the local tools dealer for $46.95 but at least it had the Mightyvac brand package wrapped around it. I'm not gonna pay an extra 17 bucks for the package.

attachment.php

Frank,would you have a picture of that combination of zerk fitting and threaded pipe.for some reason i can't seem to graspit
Thanks
Lawrence
I forgot to say to remove the female coupler that fits over the zerk nipple. That should leave a threaded male pipe that can be threaded into the bushing that goes into the spark plug hole. You don't use a zerk fitting or the coupler with jaws that is pushed over the zerk nipple to push the grease in.

paver cutter

I need to cut several hundered Keystone cap blocks to finish my landscaping retaining wall. Is a diamond blade tile cutter my best bet? My 7" skilsaw with diamond blade can't get all the way through them because they are 3 inches thick.

I need to cut several hundered Keystone cap blocks to finish my landscaping retaining wall. Is a diamond blade tile cutter my best bet? My 7" skilsaw with diamond blade can't get all the way through them because they are 3 inches thick.

I'd recommend a cutoff saw like a Stihl TS360 etc. with a diamond blade. I have a feeling that the concrete dust would eat the bearings and motor in a circular/Skilsaw pretty quickly. Not sure a saw designed to only cut tile would do a great job cutting 3" thick pieces, especially hundreds, but I guess it would depend on the saw. Most that I've seen wouldn't be up to the task.

Last edited:
At Autozone $29.95 Made by Mightyvac, even has their name on it. I saw the same kit at the local tools dealer for $46.95 but at least it had the Mightyvac brand package wrapped around it. I'm not gonna pay an extra 17 bucks for the package.

attachment.php

I have the same kit, though it's Mityvac branded, and I paid $35 CDN for it last fall on sale at KMS Tools. It's normally over $60 there.

Rent a wet saw. I rented one when I laid a brick paver patio and walkway several years ago and it went really smooth: no dust, easy to watch the line you are cutting, etc.

This past week, I tried to cut some concrete pavers for some edging, and used abrasive blades in my circular saw and 4-1/2" grinder because I only had a few to cut. Smelly, stinky, dusty, messy cloud for several feet. Was also slower.

If you do dry cut (diamond or abrasive), make sure to wear a good dust mask - the silica collects in your lungs.

Philbert

Vacuum Pump

Great tool that vacuum pump.Have to get me one of those!

Philbert your bang on about that silca ,Bad News!

Geezzzzz!I have already learned alot on here.
Lawrence

Rent a wet saw. I rented one when I laid a brick paver patio and walkway several years ago and it went really smooth: no dust, easy to watch the line you are cutting, etc.

This past week, I tried to cut some concrete pavers for some edging, and used abrasive blades in my circular saw and 4-1/2" grinder because I only had a few to cut. Smelly, stinky, dusty, messy cloud for several feet. Was also slower.

If you do dry cut (diamond or abrasive), make sure to wear a good dust mask - the silica collects in your lungs.

Philbert

BIL has a wet saw. I will need to see how deep of a cut it will make. And Brmorgan is right, I assumed the skilsaw would be a casualty of the project because it does make ALOT of dust. The wet saw idea makes sense to me thank you.

Titan Airless Sprayer

Hello Walt
Is there much paint wasted with those airless sprayers compared to an HVLP unit? Also how is the noise level?
Thanks
Lawrence

Hello Walt
Is there much paint wasted with those airless sprayers compared to an HVLP unit? Also how is the noise level?
Thanks
Lawrence

The amount of waste is small because, on the Titan you set the pressure, it is also quiet. I have used the so called "pro" model from Wagner and it is junk, they make alot of noise and won't even spray unthinned latex.

carb screwdriver/plug starter

this thread is a good idea,, hope it continues...
this is teh carb tuning screw driver/ spark plug starter i made when i couldn't get my fat fingers to start a plug....

its a welding rod, ground to a flat blade screw driver, with a piece of vacuum tubing on teh end to hold the plug by its contact,,, works good, and no worries about cross threading....

BIL has a wet saw. I will need to see how deep of a cut it will make. And Brmorgan is right, I assumed the skilsaw would be a casualty of the project because it does make ALOT of dust. The wet saw idea makes sense to me thank you.

I would still rent one, if he has a tile saw, cutting bricks will kill it. Make sure you let the rental folks know what you are cutting because there are diffferent blades.

Last edited:
Back