Tool to open Echo CS-590 fuel/oil cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackerl

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a foolish question, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere ...

I just got a new Echo CS-590 and the fuel and oil caps don't have a screwdriver slot like I'm used to seeing on other saws. Instead they have two small posts each with a hole in them. I assume this is for a special tool to give more torque (like a screwdriver) when tightening the caps.

What is this tool called? I couldn't see anything in the manual.

IMG_20200206_001615641.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_001624808.jpg
    IMG_20200206_001624808.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 22
Yeah i know. Just messing w op. But yeah as mentioned before just lay scrench flat between the tabs and twist op

I do have weaker hands, so you might be right :).
I saw that I could lay the scrench bar across for more leverage, but it seemed a little odd and not intentional. What are the little holes for then?

I do have weaker hands, so you might be right :).
I saw that I could lay the scrench bar across for more leverage, but it seemed a little odd and not intentional. What are the little holes for then?
The tiny holes are for the cap removal tool. The only problem is the designer of the cap didn't tell anyone in R&D they needed to make the tool. :dumb2:

There we go! That answer makes sense and the pull handle fits perfectly. It still doesn't explain the holes, but does explain the shape of the cap. Thank you! :)

Using the pull cord would seem awkward to me, especially the oil cap, is it a smooth process or awkward? Never owned or ran a echo.

My suggestion, sell the echo buy a stihl.

Blue thread locker works. New Husqvarna saws have changed bolt design and uses thread locker and base gasket sealant. Have seen several Stihl's with loose or missing bolts, but I try not to work on them, support and parts in this area is poor

Back