Top 10?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deere John

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was thinking, as I do from time to time when the urge strikes me, that many of us help out in the Homeowner section to answer what we can offer help on.

I have given similar advice to several people, only to see another request for the same info. Does anyone else notice this?

I was thinking that, while Darin is away working/snoozing ;), between beer runs we could think about setting up a reference section to cover some of the more common issues and solutions.

I know that numbers of views and posts are key to these forums (not wanting to deflect new posts and members), I'm just thinking of a Top 10 list or something like that. What do you guys think?

Some people browse through the old posts to see if there is info on their question. Others just post without looking. But that's ok, it gives us something to do! :laugh: If everyone looked through the old messages first, we might only get 4-5 questions per week, and the board wouldn't be as active.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have noticed some of the same questions being asked several times. As far as the logistics go, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe a link to the most frequently asked questions or something like that.
:confused:

Maybe the search link should be in bold. So they can check the item they are looking for. So when they put the best time to plant 1000 posts come up.:D

Back