Top Handle Recommendation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me it's really what characteristics you want. A slightly heavier but really powerful 35cc ish saw that rips through the wood, or a lighter but less powerful 25ish cc saw that will get it done in smaller wood (albiet slower). I don't think there's a universal right or wrong answer... just depends on your work / mission...and to be honest your size/strength. I have an old Dolmar 3410TH that rips, admittadly not in the MS200 class, it's a boat anchor compared to the 2511T and for most branch work (not burying the bar) the 2511T cuts fast enough in comparison to not make the 3410TH worth it. So are you up in the tree needing a 14/16" bar buried in the wood to top huge sections? Maybe a 2511T and a second rear-handle saw is a good option too? Check out some Buckin Billy Ray video's on Youtube, he uses a MS200 and more recently the 2511T a lot more.

I’ve done some climbing, but I’m not trained, so take my comment how you want.

A recent review of the DeWalt 20v cordless was from a pro climber who says this is now his climbing saw. Light, quiet, powerful.

Anyone used it? I have one on order and am looking forward to trying it out.

Just saw an email today that Husqvarna will have their new tip handled battery saw out in August. I'm pinching pennies to pay for a building, but that will be very tempting. Their 1st Gen got great reviews, and this is supposed to be better.

Same here w/ the 2511t, still loving it. Still ps full chisel 3/8ths lp is great, just take it easy on the rakers and gullet. Just chunked down a dead oak 2 weeks ago till it was 12"s. The 201t would of made 1 more cut before the rear handle came up. I do agree that some cuts need more power/speed but chunking cuts taking 2-3 seconds longer don't justify the extra weight of a 201t to me.

Back