Toppers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flippy caps

are you talking about the stihl flippy caps on newer saw's. if so , ya you gotta make sure those suckers lock in so you dont spill out a full tank of fuel. and you can only fill up the bar oil 6/7's of the way. There kinda nice once you get used to them though allthough, when i go to adjust the chain i can never find a wrench! anbody ever use the flippy cap chain tensoner, it seem's like a good idea though i dont know handy of a society we would be by eliminating all our tools:cheers:

are you talking about the stihl flippy caps on newer saw's. if so , ya you gotta make sure those suckers lock in so you dont spill out a full tank of fuel. and you can only fill up the bar oil 6/7's of the way. There kinda nice once you get used to them though allthough, when i go to adjust the chain i can never find a wrench! anbody ever use the flippy cap chain tensoner, it seem's like a good idea though i dont know handy of a society we would be by eliminating all our tools:cheers:

I hate those new stihl caps myself.Iv'e not been fortunate enough to have the gas spill ,it's allways the oil and it usually happens only when i get it clipped to saddle.GlugGLUG, right down the pants leg,and onto the boot.

At least the gas would evaporate,if i didn't combust first.

the chain tensioner is even worse...."junk I say junk" my wife has a smaller saw with one on it. the oil caps are really bad once it dips below 10°F the oil gets to sticky and the inside of the cap wont turn right. have to do it manually allot of the time....gotta love oil on the fingers when sticking em back into the gloves!

Latest posts

Back