Tracked Aerial Lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing thats clear is you just dont know!!:msp_confused:

The other thing that is clear!!!.... Is that you through your Biography have & do sexually molest "PIGS" (self stated) , we can only attribute your inability to understand things..... which is un-equivically related from some form of disease obtained from packing Pigs in the Azz!!

You dont deserve any further reply!!!, I am cautious in response even now!!!..........please leave the farm animals alone!!!

LXT............. Now onto tracked aerial lifts.

Here in Canada it is really simple. Any vehicle over 2 ton requires a commercial vehicle inspection annually. Also if the vehicle is used for a commercial application regardless of size or weight it will require an inspection. This applies to trailers also. Unless the trailer has a fixed implement such as a generator. If it is used to haul removable stuff it must be licensed commercially. And operators of 5 ton or greater with air must be certified to drive the truck with an approved air brakes course.

But hey on the topic of tracked lifts I was thinking of getting one of those 165' Leo 55's anybody use one out there that has any feed back? I think they are only 365,000 Canadian. Oh and you need a 5 ton to haul it around but I already have one of those.

The 10k on a trailer around here is definetly a fact if your pulling over 10k with a pickup without a class A especially in MT lebanon thier notorious for the portable scales your taged and cant move the vehicle. My bobcat on its trailer is Class A because it is on a 12k trailer.

Most chipper manufactures get close to the 10k line on thier big chippers but try not to go over it for that reason alone its easier to sell a chipper that doesnt require a cdl.

This part the 10k of over on a trailer is even stamped on the back of my license.

No it's not. Read it again.

I posted the link to the PA truckers handbook. Maybe you could copy and paste the part that says you need a CDL for a trailer over 10k alone.

Why do you LIE!!!

You are the one who keeps saying its not a CDL issue.............when clearly it is!!!!

you dont understand how the test is given & therefore you think you are right...........Wrong!!!!

All I can say is...............you have your opinion & I have my DOT Audit paper that is stamped Passed LOL (yep I dont know anything), feel free to keep telling people what you want (LIES)........Regulations (FMCSR) & Laws (PA Vehicle Code) & MCE(Motor Carrier Enforcement) are different entities my little pig banger!

Basically............this issue is a dead horse, Personally I think Fatmax came here as a troll & needed an opening to create an arguement/Confusion seeing as how all his posts are in this thread!!! what do you drive again? LMFAO..............& no I didnt mean the backside of the Pig!!!!

LXT.................

Show me where I am wrong dumb fauk.

There is whole list of your statements proven wrong by your own good book. Shall I list them so that you can work on them one at a time? I shall.

LXT's List of dumb statements.

Air brakes need a CDL.

A 25k truck w/ air need a class B CDL.

A 10k+ trailer needs a class A CDL.

A 17k+ combo needs a CDL.

Air brakes can't be had on a class C CDL.

The knowledge test is for an uprade in class only therefore you have to get at least a B.

I could go on..............

LXT, you don't know enough to even know that you don't know anything. LOL

#1 to have airbrakes in PA..........key term tard is in PA, yes you need a CDL!!! you will need to understand the testing protocol which apparently you dont cause I already explained this!!!

#2 A 25k truck with Air needs a CDL B...................IN PA YES!!! explained in the testing protocol......did you read that? or maybe when your mom was dictating it for you she was prepping the pig for your after hours amusement!!

#3 A 10K+ trailer needs a CDL A...................I know you think a 26,001 towing a trailer over 10k is what requires a CDL A.... but many fines have been written to guys with pickups & 1 tons for not operating within their operators class.....Mattfr12 I would say knows.............go to Mt Lebanon, PA or drive through Leetsdale/Neville Island PA

#4 you need to be registered as a combo & if you qualify as a motor carrier vehicle you will need US DOT/ MCRT sticker even if you are in a pick up.............Combination vehicles require CDL unless you file exemption.......maybe you need to read that vehicle Code?????

& the last couple of remarks................well, come here & apply for a Class C with Airbrakes...............nope..shutup & just come do it big boy...dont even respond untill you have a valid PA drivers license class C with airbrake restriction lifted......

when you can pull outta the pig & show me what your fodder filled mouth says can be done by obtaining the above....then I will give merit to what you say..........C`mon Dr. obvious show us how to do what you say!!!! after all no body knows anything but you!!!! Dont come on here & tell us.....SHOW US!!!!!!

LXT........................

I just had to get DOT numbers for my pickup and bucket truck after a 30 min talk with the local PA State Police Officer. All commercial vehicles in PA now have to have a USDOT number. Idk about the air brake thing for sure, but I heard a couple of years ago they where going to change that to not needing a cdl for air brakes because they are safier then hydrolic brakes. I do know you need a DOT medical card for anything over 12,000 gvw. The 10k trailer thing with the cdl is a bit confusing even after the officer explained it to me. He said as long as you have a combination weight rating on your truck (almost $400 a year), then you can haul up to 26k combination. My cdl book I got when I took my test a couple years said that you still needed a cdl so Idk.

Oh, for the love of God would you two shut up! Neither one of you is going to convince the other LET IT GO.

Oh, for the love of God would you two shut up! Neither one of you is going to convince the other LET IT GO.

Actually, I think it's pertinent information ( a bit off topic perhaps ) as I travel into PA on a regular basis to work. If there's something that screwy with their laws I'd like to know it. As far as what my research has turned up it's no different than anywhere else so I assume LXT and Mattfr12 have some bad info. If they don't though, I'd like to know. Hopefully one of them can put up a link or two to validate their statements.

Actually, I think it's pertinent information ( a bit off topic perhaps ) as I travel into PA on a regular basis to work. If there's something that screwy with their laws I'd like to know it. As far as what my research has turned up it's no different than anywhere else so I assume LXT and Mattfr12 have some bad info. If they don't though, I'd like to know. Hopefully one of them can put up a link or two to validate their statements.
:givebeer:

All I can say is do something to get pulled over........you`ll learn quick how ####ed up PA can be then!!!!!

LXT.............

Same to you jackhole.

You HAVE NOT or CAN NOT back up a single thing you say.

You ability to add 2 + 2 and get 7 is incredible

wheres your PA class c cdl without airbrake restriction? LOL.. Dont have it?................then shut up!!!!! funny how other PA residents whom have experience (something you lack) Know whats....what!!

2+2 before....................hows the pigs?

LXT..............

LXT?

This is an serious question. Do you think there's a relationship between your argumentative nature and the fact that you needed triple by-pass back in May?
Phil

All I can say is do something to get pulled over........you`ll learn quick how ####ed up PA can be then!!!!!

LXT.............

I'd rather learn without the ticket so I was asking you and Matt for help. If you have any documentation to back up your claims I'd love to see it as I'd like to know whether I'm operating legally or not when in your state. From the info I read I am, but if you have some more info I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

wheres your PA class c cdl without airbrake restriction?

There is not a single reason why you, me or anyone else can't get a class C CDL, with or without an air brake restriction. You obviously can't or don't understand the relationship of the state to the FMCSR.

LXT, I shouldn't have called you a dumbass, it was wrong.............of me to point it out.:msp_wink:

I'd rather learn without the ticket so I was asking you and Matt for help. If you have any documentation to back up your claims I'd love to see it as I'd like to know whether I'm operating legally or not when in your state. From the info I read I am, but if you have some more info I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Pa's license requirements, even if they were different, don't affect you since you are in interstate commerce.

LXT?

This is an serious question. Do you think there's a relationship between your argumentative nature and the fact that you needed triple by-pass back in May?
Phil

Hmmmm.... thats possible!!

Im not trying to be argumenatative for the sake of such......the truth is: you can ask a state cop in lancaster a question & a state cop in Pittsburgh will give you a totally different answer for the same question.

All I know is I have been pulled over by three cops at the same time.....State Cop, Dot officer & Motor Carrier enforcement officer & all of em have a different little book they go by, one is weights & measures certified, one enforces this the other that & so on, the truth is if you think you know it all one the 3 above will surely find a reason to fine you over something!!! I am just going by what Im told & that was by the DOT officer during my audit, which in PA is mandatory depending on how you are registered & so forth, I cant cite the whole vehicle code pertaining to motor carrier enforcement nor the PA vehicle code otherwise.

but for someone to think that they are "johnny law know it all" to tell me what is law in Pa over those enforcing the laws is absurd, I know the obvious CDL statutes....all im saying is there is more to it....Im not gonna march into the local Barracks & say hey...Fatmax told me you guys are full of **** & this is the real law right here!!!

All Im saying is if he knows so much......then come to PA & obtain that in which he says he can & hell...while he`s at it teach an informative class on the topics he thinks he knows.....Im sure the powers that be will love that!! other than that Im following what Ive been told & havent had a problem....so if you are the type that wants to rock the boat with the semantics that fatmax has offered you....go ahead!! but ask him if he`s gonna pay the fine for you? meanwhile better safe than sorry Ill follow what I have been....!

LXT...............

Gee, talk about derailing a thread. Should have started another thread on this subject.

Back