ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Tractor questions

Discussion in 'Large Equipment' started by Saiso, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins Firewood by TJ

Here in California we almost live by skidsteer tractors. For logging they are priceless. When we have snow one can easily earn several thousand a day, but we live in a resort area. They can be tricky to keep up if you do not fully understand hydraulics. Here in the mountains with or without tracks there is nothing that can compare to the amount of work that they can do in a day. Thanks

Saiso likes this.
  2. Huskybill

Huskybill Addicted to ArboristSite

Here the plow guys (some of them) who do driveways make me laugh. They don’t have a clue how to plow with a one ton dump truck. My old Willy’s makes them look silly. You angle the plow and push the snow side to side right and left till you make a path. When the snow is deep. They borrow the home owners snowblower and park the truck. My Jeep “Christine” loves a challenge when the snow is deep. Christine is like the movie she never fails to run. She sits all summer waiting for the winter. Lol

lone wolf and Saiso like this.
  3. Saiso

Saiso Mountain Ranger

Apparently they’re great. Tractors with a bucket/blower is more common where I’m located. Cheaper, too.

Thanks for the info!

4. Sterling Bronemann

Sterling Bronemann Stihl lovin country boy

Just have to look around and see what can be had. I stumbled across my little Branson from one of my in-laws neighbor. Don't be scared to look at tractors that aren't John Deere green or Case IH red. I'd definitely prefer a Deere, but for what I paid for my Branson 4520C, I would've had to have an open-station Deere and still would've been $5-10k more even being open station. It really just depends on what your budget is. Facebook marketplace is a great resource. Craigslist is ok, but definitely a lot more scammers.

5. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Pic?