Trade for MS391?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcommercial

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello again, I may have the opportunity to trade an MS270 and an 029 Super both in good shape for an MS391. Thoughts? Is this even a decent trade? Both of mine are good and the guy’s 391 is only a year old with what looks like a 20” bar n chain on it. Any and all comments are appreciated!

Thanks

Cool Mustang, the guy never replied to my message about the trade so I’m going to forget about it. I can do what you said and make the 29 into a 39, seen those on YouTube running. Plus I’m not giving up my good 270.

Cool Mustang, thanks for the feedback/advice. Again, the guy never responded to my text so I’ve left it at that. Any ideas on the 279 I’ve got? Just take care of it and use it I suppose. I’ve not seen any big-bore kits for it or anything. Haven’t really looked. It’s running a 16” bar/chain now and will do that all day long apparently. I do know folks have had issues with 270 coils going bad in the past. I’ve been lucky there so far. It seems to be a good-sized firewood saw. I’ll probably never get rid of it.

I'd open the muffler up a bit re tune it and leave it alone from there. I have a 16 inch bar on my 028 and it seems to be pretty good for most fire wood. The 20 inch bar seems a bit long at times. I have a few 18 inch bars and on a 50 cc saw they seem to do ok but not amazing.

I took down a large ash a few weeks ago about 28 inches at the base. I used my bored out 290 to drop it and cut the big stuff. I gave my dad my husky 450 with the 18 inch bar to use since it' good for mostly anything and I used my 028 once I was done cutting the big logs. It seemed to go real smooth with that combo with 2 guys.

Back