Transporting logs from nh to ma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmurph116

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there any laws that prevent me from transporting logs from nh to ma to be cut up for firewood? I tried looking online but didn’t really find a solid answer.
Thanks

Not just EAB but also the ALB (Asian Longhorn Beetle). Severe outbreak a few years ago had the fed's attention due to the likelihood of affecting the maple syrup industry in USA and Canada.

Not just EAB but also the ALB (Asian Longhorn Beetle). Severe outbreak a few years ago had the fed's attention due to the likelihood of affecting the maple syrup industry in USA and Canada.
That is probably where the feds get involved. EAB doesn't get much attention around here anymore. Spotted lantern fly is the big deal here with lot's of stuff quarantined.

Reading those it looks like you can’t import firewood into nh from ma. And ma you can bring out of state firewood to state parks and campgrounds if I’m reading it correctly?
"As of October 2018, New Hampshire has lifted it’s internal quarantine on ash materials and hardwood firewood, however while federal quarantines are still in place, moving regulated products out of state is still prohibited. " I'm assuming firewood is regulated.

"As of October 2018, New Hampshire has lifted it’s internal quarantine on ash materials and hardwood firewood, however while federal quarantines are still in place, moving regulated products out of state is still prohibited. " I'm assuming firewood is regulated.
I read that as well. I would assume firewood/logs is regulated but have to look into what’s classified as regulated. But that would mean people from ma can’t buy a log truck load of logs to be cut into firewood if they live in ma. I see it almost everyday. So either they are doing it illegally, or it is permitted. I’ve got to dig into it a bit deeper to get a solid answer.

Back