Traversing from tree-tree...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
along these lines, I received a copy of the bogatiel spruce climb that Sherrill is selling/giving away, and on the video, they show speed lining from one tree to another....Id like to have details on how they set that deal up????

They made the comment it took a while, but didnt mention any thing of the time/methods used.

Id like to try setting up something like this but need to know the easy (yea, right) way.

Okie, That video is the reason I started this thread. It's been bugging me forever. I saw that video and wondered the same thing. How'd they do that?

they don't want to tell you how to do it because they don't want you to try it and get hurt!

Set it up like any speed line....strong anchors and good connections.

love
nick

every one is worried of someone getting hurt.... :rolleyes:

Someone from one of the sites was there, tell us how it's done? Lol

What I was really refering to with this thread was how to retreive the tail of your rope after getting it to your new TIP. A few have given their methods and things make a little more sense now. Thanks! I'm still curious about speedlining though :D

I have that DVD from Sherrill's too. They had folks on the ground who helped set up the traverse didn't they? As I remember it(loaned it to a friend and don't expect it back soon. Got that Jerel?) the guy took a couple of shots with his big shot to set the line. He could have sent it over a branch had the guys on the ground tie on the line and then secure it after he secured his end in the tree.

if i remember correctly, it was a little more complicated than that. I'm sure they did have some help from a ground crew.
Something about the video though i didn't like... Oh yeah that's right it was just one big advertisement for sherrill. Blah! :eek:
No time was ever spent talking in detail about the climbing sysyems that were used or the way things were setup.
It may have been entertaining for most, however i was hoping to learn a few things by watching some top notch climbers at work, and on that end i think the video came up quite short.

I halved the dimensions, increased the sharpness, and decreased the final quality level. I forget whether I sharpened it both before and after reducing it, however, since the command I typed is now gone from my history list.

Back