ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Tree Adaptation

random therapist

random therapist

Hi Friends,
I'm writing a book using trees as a metaphor for relationships and I need an example or two of how a tree under stress does things differently in order to survive. I figure you all have seen such things in action. So, what are the craziest things you've seen trees get up to? Bonus points if you can explain a bit about how the tree does that (because I'm definitely no expert).
Thanks!

miller755

miller755

ArboristSite Member
Hi Friends,
I'm writing a book using trees as a metaphor for relationships and I need an example or two of how a tree under stress does things differently in order to survive. I figure you all have seen such things in action. So, what are the craziest things you've seen trees get up to? Bonus points if you can explain a bit about how the tree does that (because I'm definitely no expert).
Thanks!
Maybe you should use something you understand when making metaphors. In fact for a metaphor to work both parties the reader and the writer should have a good understanding of the metaphor. If you don't take my advice, I think your book will have some awkward metaphors in it.