Tree-age / Arbor Jet for Homeowners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toronado3800

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
For a couple years I've been using an imidicloroprid soil drench to treat or pre-treat my two Fraxinus americana for EAB. From what I read the tree-age or arbor jet system of trunk injections is better. I've seen some videos and it seems like something I can do myself. However I'm not finding a "kit" or whatever online. Google and I haven't been thinking alike lately though.

If it makes a difference one is only ~14 inches in circumference dbh. The other is something ridiculous, I forget what I measured but mama ash is big. This house I'm in the St Louis area and since I removed three other big white ash because of structural failings and proximity to the house I'm probably a bit over sentimental on these.

I'm sure there is a post on here or a good link and advice from one of you all and I thank you in advance for pointing out something that is probably obvious.

I would contact Arborjet directly and ask them for a dealer in your area.
That being said if you were treating with imidacloprid prior to the trees being infested you will probably be fine continuing with it. Just make sure your using the high rate (.4 oz. Per inch of dbh) of a commercial product like Merit or Xytect 2f.

For a couple years I've been using an imidicloroprid soil drench to treat or pre-treat my two Fraxinus americana for EAB. From what I read the tree-age or arbor jet system of trunk injections is better. I've seen some videos and it seems like something I can do myself. However I'm not finding a "kit" or whatever online. Google and I haven't been thinking alike lately though.
Forum sponsor TreeStuff.com has Arborjet kits. The least expensive is the Quik-Jet -- http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=169&item=909.

As for Google letting you down, I have been finding Google increasingly useless and have much better luck with my searches using duckduckgo.com.

Latest posts

Back