Tree guy sayings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a hinky pine top that I did not want to ride....notched, back cut, line out to the truck....waled out and set my gatorade on the ground in >that< spot....backed the yruck up three feet...walked over and set down in a chair next to the HO...."watch this." Ten seconds....twenty...crack...BOOM! The tips went either side of my gatorade...

"I love it when a plan comes together..."

my groundie to me (climbing) at least twice a day "man you got lucky on that one"
groundies to me "we were just thinkin' you should do it this way"
and it's always either "don't pull so F###### hard" or "F###### pull harder"

"You almost got numb-chucked, Jim"

After I snapped the top out of the top of 80 ft elm. The block and a 4 ft long 6" across chunk of leader literally tomahawked into the ground 3 ft in front of Duane. Chris was behind him and says "Uh... you almost got numb-chucked thar Jim" They were laughing and I was just shaking my head in shame :msp_scared: That thing was going so fast that it was just like it appeared at there feet magically! Thank you. God! I had taken out a section of vinyl fence for access to the backyard from a field and it landed in the opening, :msp_rolleyes:. Three onlookers from a ways back were watching and I was like :jester: Oh, well got get them experience points somehow, I guess. hmm..... why am I telling you this, :rock:

Chris used to always say "Dear Lord baby Jesus" during the pucker factor stuff.

"What-cho tink dis izz, da mowvies mawn?"

I was training a Jamaican kid named Reno how to climb. I am doing the usual trained monkey kinda stuff and was telling him "okay, tie that running bowline there now" So when it comes time for the " Now just cut it right there at your feet" Reno says "What-choo tink dis izz, da mowvies mawn?":biggrin:. I never did get him to cut it, I had to go up and be the star of the show.:kilt:

"Your either high, or stupid, and I don't think your stupid!"

As I fired a guy that was not quite getting stuff. I had waited for an appropriate time and He denied being high, until I showed him the pipe that fell out of his car into my shop that morning and said "so you don't want this back then" I would have just warned him if he wasn't so stupid when he was high.

Tree guy saying

look up and live, Big and but heavy, Come Monday I will be working for you or your Competition how do you want it? New groundee Dumb as arock but he is learning

Last edited:
me: ahh, this ones not too bad
HO: well what about those power lines?
me: sure would be a shocker if i hit em wouldn't it?
HO: haha (half worried) but do you think anything will hit my house?
me: well if it does, you'll have a new sky light and i wont even bother charging you for it
HO: boy, i sure am glad you have insurance.... you do have insurance right?
me: oh dont worry i stayed at a holliday inn express last night

job went without a hitch and i even got a $150 dollar tip for my "sense of humor" so he says

Did i say "If you aint Bleedin, You aint Working!" yet?

HO today doing some back-yard throwball rigging. Wow, that's an art, not just a skill!"

I reply "the art and science of making do with what you have, to minimize your effort"

"you do make it look easy"

I counted the money a few hours after i left, thinking the cash in hand was an effort to wheedle me down. I counted it a few hour later while waiting for my Mom to finish up with a cardio-gram. I had to call him back

"did you mean to tip me $40?"

"Yes i actually did, it was fun watching you work.

"Why thankyou very much!"

"You gonna get that done before I draw social security?" this from a 30 yr. old. "We're not cutting firewood" when you're cutting stuff too small (when climbing.)

"I knew there would be a friggin tree on a house at 3 o'clock." Muttered by my partner after the boss called us at 3:07 on an unusually calm post storm day.

Tree Sayings

Homeowners say.. Wow your like spiderman!, Where did you learn to do that?! I have freinds that have lots of trees you'd love it. What do you do with the wood? What a mess. Wow you guys really cleaned up good.

My old boss, Anjoe LiPuma always said, "I gotta warn ya , were gonna tip toe through the tulips; but i got some big feet. Also. "You gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette"..."get a couple fat guys on it" Get some 20 year olds on it." "2 cuts" ( for removals)..Everything was a saying for him..Bring the wood to Willy the Weasel's or Angry George..who ran a mulch yard and was super paranoid about fires and had tons of rules. Or " Buzzard Job's"quick cash side jobs... or the actual Buzzard who had the log loader and would grapple 1500lb chunks so we didnt have to load it by hand. "Buttercup"- stump grinder guy who didnt liek lacing his boots sometimes wore tennis shoes... had the big vermeer every stump was a buttercup cuz he "Ain't Afraid of No Stump" on his duramax with a circle and crossed out old stumpie face.

" Make a little Noise"
Favorite One to Hear Ever after good productive day...."Hey you guys want something to drink i got beer.

You're like a squirrill up there!

I'm too big for a squirrill, more like a three toed sloth, kindqa slow, but work through it quickly with power and efficiency.

"Are you taking the whole thing down" the neighbor asks while I am doing a fine prune...

One twig at a time sir, one twig at a time...

You're like a squirrill up there!

I'm too big for a squirrill, more like a three toed sloth, kindqa slow, but work through it quickly with power and efficiency.

"Are you taking the whole thing down" the neighbor asks while I am doing a fine prune...

One twig at a time sir, one twig at a time...

or "are you taking that tree down?" with nothing but the trunk left standing. Here's your sign.

Back