Tree length?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a source for tree length firewood. I'm looking to cut and split my own wood to help on my heating costs. Does anyone purchase there wood this way? How much can I expect to pay per cord? Right now I'm paying around 160-180 a cord split and delivered. I live in central, ME. Thanks...

i just read this article. it appears that the price of firewood in your state is going to keep rising. however, the article states that usually logs are bought from logging outfits. so, if you can find one call them and see what they offer in price for a shipment. as a general rule, it should be cheaper doing it this way than buying it cut and split, naturally. you just have to have the physical ability to do so. :)

http://homes.mainetoday.com/homecare/050102firewood.shtml

I agree with mga... keep an eye out for a logging operation in your town. Stop by and chat with the timber cutter and see if they'll sell you a truckload. Most timber cutters have a deal with one firewood operation and they truck all the firewood from the site to the firewood dealer's location. Many times they will sell a truckload to a local because their truck and driver can turn around very quickly instead of driving to the dealer's site. But, be prepared to buy a truckload. It's just not worth their while to fuss with anything less than a full truck.

Latest posts

Back