• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! Tree monkey Stihl ms261c price drop

bradb123

bradb123

Scott ordered me the saw and ported it
I used it for about 30 min
The saw has lots of power I just prefer how my 550xp handles
Comes with 2 new chains and a new air filter
18 inch bar Less than one tank of gas ran
$850 shipped
Please call as I don't check email much
1 715 342 4132
Leave message I will get back to you as soon as I can

Attachments

Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
32:1 only? Is this what tree monkey suggests after he ports it?
If Scott put that sticker on there that would kinda surprise me. I know that Scott runs Schaeffer 7000 at 32:1 in everything, but I've also talked to Julian about the small saws not liking much over 40:1. My TM261 doesn't have that sticker. @redbull660, can you shed some light on this?

redbull660

redbull660

Addicted to ArboristSite
Scott had a couple of saws come back that were running 50:1 ultra. Why someone would run ultra is beyond me and especially in a ported saw. Anyway after that he just decided to just post across the board 32:1 on everything. And bought some stickers.

Personally yes I think 40:1 is better in smaller saws. But that can also depend on the oil that your using. I know some oils are really thing so maybe 32:1 would be better.

That said. It would be sooo easy to just go to the gas station with two cans. Mix one at 32:1 and mix the other at 40:1. Run each for a bit and see how they run. Then mix the gas together and you'll have 36:1 and try that. GO FROM THERE.

I know people just want a simple across the board answer, but it's just not possible. Saws are different! But still that won't be good enough for some people...Sooo the across the board answer is a safe 32:1 in everything.

btw - I've done a few deals with the seller. He is GTG. Nice saw. And it doesn't look like Scott will be doing any saws for a bit yet...still recovering from heart attack. So if you want a TM261.... (gen2 to boot)

gyp69

gyp69

ArboristSite Operative
Hey Redbull, I like your comparison videos, have you ever ran a Tree Monkey 261, and have it on video? I have seen your 661, 461 etc. just curious?

fl cracker

fl cracker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not to get on the whole what oil is best thing but my tm 261c runs great at 40 to 1 it didn't like 32 to 1 I use 100 low lead av gas and amsoul sabre. I run it in all my ported saws

nch209

nch209

ArboristSite Member
Well isn't this a sweet little deal-e-o...

Someone is going to have a fun toy... who will pull the trigger first.

I... MUST... RESIST.... lol

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
According to the PN on the sticker it is. Your price is very fair for this, considering a great price for the saw is $625. That's a $225 port job to your door. Add that to the fact you probably won't be able to get a new one from Scott, at least for a minute.

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just wondering why someone would buy a new saw, pay $350 to port it, and turn around and sell it.

Not necessarily this saw in particular.