• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Tree monkey Stihl ms261c price drop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradb123

Reaction score
Scott ordered me the saw and ported it
I used it for about 30 min
The saw has lots of power I just prefer how my 550xp handles
Comes with 2 new chains and a new air filter
18 inch bar Less than one tank of gas ran
$850 shipped
Please call as I don't check email much
1 715 342 4132
Leave message I will get back to you as soon as I can

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    969.4 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
32:1 only? Is this what tree monkey suggests after he ports it?

If Scott put that sticker on there that would kinda surprise me. I know that Scott runs Schaeffer 7000 at 32:1 in everything, but I've also talked to Julian about the small saws not liking much over 40:1. My TM261 doesn't have that sticker. @redbull660, can you shed some light on this?

Scott had a couple of saws come back that were running 50:1 ultra. Why someone would run ultra is beyond me and especially in a ported saw. Anyway after that he just decided to just post across the board 32:1 on everything. And bought some stickers.

Personally yes I think 40:1 is better in smaller saws. But that can also depend on the oil that your using. I know some oils are really thing so maybe 32:1 would be better.

That said. It would be sooo easy to just go to the gas station with two cans. Mix one at 32:1 and mix the other at 40:1. Run each for a bit and see how they run. Then mix the gas together and you'll have 36:1 and try that. GO FROM THERE.

I know people just want a simple across the board answer, but it's just not possible. Saws are different! But still that won't be good enough for some people...Sooo the across the board answer is a safe 32:1 in everything.

btw - I've done a few deals with the seller. He is GTG. Nice saw. And it doesn't look like Scott will be doing any saws for a bit yet...still recovering from heart attack. So if you want a TM261.... (gen2 to boot)

Hey Redbull, I like your comparison videos, have you ever ran a Tree Monkey 261, and have it on video? I have seen your 661, 461 etc. just curious?

Not to get on the whole what oil is best thing but my tm 261c runs great at 40 to 1 it didn't like 32 to 1 I use 100 low lead av gas and amsoul sabre. I run it in all my ported saws

Well isn't this a sweet little deal-e-o...

Someone is going to have a fun toy... who will pull the trigger first.

I... MUST... RESIST.... lol

According to the PN on the sticker it is. Your price is very fair for this, considering a great price for the saw is $625. That's a $225 port job to your door. Add that to the fact you probably won't be able to get a new one from Scott, at least for a minute.

Back