• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Tree Pictures

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Here's a picture of Jack London in Bohemian Grove. I am assuming Calif.
London is on the right. The trees must be sequoia or redwoods, but I don't know for sure.
London spent 6 months in the Klondike goldrush and wrote several novels about the Klondike including White Fang and Call of the Wild.
Unfortunately he never wrote an autobiography about his own adventures there and died 4 years after the above picture was taken.
John

NIP Group
Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Ray, it's interesting to note how an interest in a subject, topic or individual will lead into different pathes and directions.
My interest in Robert Service led me to the Yukon and the Yukon led me to an interest in Jack London. It's amazing how everything is interconnected.
Anyway, I just finished a small book on "Jack London's Cabin", by **** North, who also wrote the "Mad Trapper of Rat River".
**** North, who now lives in MacKay Idaho, led the expedition to the remains of the London cabin on the left fork of Henderson Crk., just north of Dawson City Yukon in 1969. It was there that London spent the winter of 1897 where he had staked a claim. Two cabins were built from the logs of that cabin.
One resides in Oakland California and the other is in Dawson City.
London ultimately left the Yukon disillusioned and penniless, but made a fortune later with his literary classics gleened from the experiences and characters he met there.
Hope to talk with your uncle some day about the 'miner author'.
John

Last edited: