Tree Removal and Arborist Networks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am in the insurance repair industry. I have a lot of relationships in this industry. I was going to see if any of you were a part of any of the networks out there. Like Timber Warriors or HMI. I have been asked to do a case study on your experiences with either network or networks in general. I want to get your experiences, maybe some pricing that you have agreed to etc.
I want to know how you feel you have been treated, I want to know how you think the program could be better, I want to know how fast you were paid (and did you know that going in), I want to know what kind of software you were given in order to do the work. Can anyone be available for a Wednesday evening open discussion? 7pm MST, 8pm Central and 9pm EST 4/10/2019

I want understand better where these programs have failed you and the carrier. Many of the carriers have stopped assigning claims to either of these 2 networks. Please let me know if anyone can make it. I can have up to 100 seats on my system. Please be prepared to discuss critically and not emotionally. We want to have an open discussion where it could open the door to more reliable work for you, with more consistent pay and better understanding of how all this actually works. Please PM me your email and I will send you an invite and it will add to your calendar with all this info.

Would be interested to hear synopsis of the discussion. I just joined Timber Warriors for writing reports. Not set up for big removals so probably won't be looking to take any major storm damage projects.

I haven't done any work for them yet, so nothing to share from my end...

Would be interested to hear synopsis of the discussion. I just joined Timber Warriors for writing reports. Not set up for big removals so probably won't be looking to take any major storm damage projects.

I haven't done any work for them yet, so nothing to share from my end...
That is great to hear. I wish you luck. This is NOT a bash Timber Warriors thread by any means either. Many carriers are discussing other options. They are frustrated with some of the things and I am involved to come up with solutions to those things. I have over 15 years experience in networks. I am a 3 time Contractor of the Year winner in one of the larger ones. Now I am no longer contracting and am helping consult to get an ideal set up established. You are exactly what we need in the program because removal companies are readily available. Certified/Licensed brains are NOT. How smooth was the "on boarding" process? Since the set up was "free", did it cheapen your opinion of who was let in? Like anyone can get in? Curious on this end as well.

The onboarding was easy. They actually called me looking for help with getting a limb out of a roof (through a ceiling). I was pretty booked then, but that lead me to researching the company. I didn't see much downside, so I thought I'd pursue becoming a member. After a little more thought, I decided I didn't want to chase storms - even locally. I know "storm chasers" sometimes have a bad rap...that wasn't what I was thinking. This actually seemed like the most legitimate way to do it! Just not my business model and I fight "mission drift" as much as I can.

Timber Warriors called to ask if I was going to finalize paperwork, I explained my thoughts. The gal I spoke with explained they are also looking for Arborists to do reports. I had a couple more conversations about that and thought I'd give it a try.

If there was a cost to join, I would not have done so. So on one hand, yes it is "cheap"...but on the other, I know very little about them and have no idea how much work they'll send my way so I wouldn't have paid.

If there was 'pressure' to have to respond to every call I would not have joined (my understanding is that if I do, great...if I don't somebody else will). They asked if I could do remote reports based on pictures - might even need to ask for more pictures from different angles. I'll give it a try.

They did need insurance and workers comp info so that seemed to 'legitimize' it to me. I know it is CYA for them, but at least there is some filter that is too often lacking in this industry! I don't know how much else they 'screened' me or the company before inviting me to do report writing. I am a BCMA and TRAQ...so I'd hope those would help establish some degree of credibility???

I've had several calls through the years directly from insurance companies for local claims and appraisals...but frankly, a service like this seems to make more sense than asking an adjuster or agent chase down a qualified professional for each claim.

I don't expect to get paid quickly...but I won't have a lot of expenses laid out to get there either. I'll approach with the understanding that somebody needs to review the report. Submit for payment to Timber Warriors, who I assume has a net 30 payment schedule...which means the insurance company will take 27 days to pay them. TW will then probably take another week or two to get that to me. As long as I know that going in, I'm good with it. If they promise payment in 14 days and take 45, that is a different story.

Back