Tree removing in Moscow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grigory

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
Now at me the fast Internet.
I looked all your videoes and I offer you my small "film"

Beforehand I answer on some questions: In a bag at treeworker - cigarette and water.

The groundman work with a rope rigidly - tree is very close to the house, they are afraid, that part should have not hit a roof sliding past.

http://www.udal.ru/udalvideo35.wmv (9 min, 35 Mb)

Hello Moscow

Grigory said:
Hi all!
Now at me the fast Internet.
I looked all your videoes and I offer you my small "film"

Beforehand I answer on some questions: In a bag at treeworker - cigarette and water.

The groundman work with a rope rigidly - tree is very close to the house, they are afraid, that part should have not hit a roof sliding past.

http://www.udal.ru/udalvideo35.wmv (9 min, 35 Mb)

Very nice work Grigory!

My congratulations to both you and your trusty crew.

I particularly like your use of a hand saw on smaller limbs, I do that myself and get ribbed about it alot. It leaves me more gas in my saw to get the wood down with, and has other advantages from a safety and control aspect as well.

Keep up the good work and send us more of your videos.

jomoco

Nice work Grigory, good to hear from you again. Looks like summer warm weather there, crew wearing t-shirts, I guess I always think of your part of the world as cold and snow. :)

Grigory, Good to see your operations again. I did not recognize any of the workers in the picture. You evidently have a few more workers than when I visited.

Good Luck in the future.

Hey, how cools that?

I dunno what sort of tree it is but was a good video.

The camera man was where I wonder? Up another tree perhaps.

That tree had no top, looked cut off, what was going on up there I wonder?

attachment.php

Grigory,

Could you please video your method of climbing, using the two long lanyards and no spurs. I have tried to figure it out from the pictures I took, but still don't have it down. It was real nice on your tall straight trees with tight crotches and down sloping branches. I want to show the class and I think it will help to answer the last question.

Thank by all for the answer!

Hi Bob!
I am glad to meet you again!

We have to employ the new climbers, and new groundmeans.
We have transferred them all knowledge, and they work sometimes better, than we.
In the present instant I do not have video, which would show our method of climbing with two long lanyards . However it is interesting idea. I shall try in a near future to make such video.
Now best illustration is your photo, which you have made, when visited us.

Nice work in our eastern neighbour...I tought it's country of vodka and bear:D

Ekka, I believe it's a pine.

Pauli

Hi Ekka!
This tree name in Russia Pinus sylvestris.
For a long time this tree was diseased of Blister rust (apex form)
In russia language this name gummy (wood resin) cancer. Along time ago a tree surgeon was cat the top.

attachment.php

He is our sky cameraman.

attachment.php

Last edited:
To Mike Barcaskey

This board is a hypertrophied form of seat, which is used in industrial rope access.

To Dadatwins

Silky brand is available for us with the help of Serrill, However we have chosen most durable, sharp and convenient that is sold at us.

Very nice work, Grigory! Both in the video and the surgury. I especially like how fast that ground crew is. Such high pitched voices for such big guys, humm.:jester:

Grig, what's it do for you?
can you rest on it and relieve your feet, ankles and knees?
does it give stability when using a heavy saw?
do you use it all the time or only to rest?

I think we need to do a be of a whip round and send the man some spikes! Anyone got an old set?

Maybe that big seat helps with positioning, good on ya Bob I didn't notice till you mentioned it.

Ekka, thanks for care, but i have a new, good buckingham spikes. They lay 2 years not in use.
Already scores of times we tried on them to work, but each time came back to our old technology.
We consider our technology with more universal and safety, not looking on that the spikes are faster.
I do not think, that my opinion - true, however it have share of the truth.
I admit an idea, that ever we shall reach to work on spikes, for now it will be by "feature of Russian arboriculture"
For example we have one more feature: We never we use and we shall not use DRT - only SRT

Grig, what's it do for you?
can you rest on it and relieve your feet, ankles and knees?
does it give stability when using a heavy saw?
do you use it all the time or only to rest?

When climber is on a tree he uses all time this seat.
In this bench it is possible to sit many hours, not pinch of a haunch by belts.
At the moment of work by a heavy saw, climber stands on one, or two feet also rests with bum against this board It very well unloads the waist.

Here is a repost of the link to a photo of Grigory in his climbing gear that I took while in Moscow. It will show you the set up that they use. I think that they move up the tree at about the same pace that I do on spurs. You will notice that they are secured to both lanyards, so there is plenty of backup protection in the system.

Hope this helps.

http://165.234.175.12/photos/Russia/1 Trip Pictures/IM000155.JPG

Back