Tree resorts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Are there places where common folk, who are Adventurous enough who for a fee could wraptor up a tall tree like in the north west or Costa Rico and spend the night in a structure or a treepy? With Various levels of luxury?
Im sure I heard of something like that at one time. I have an idea brewing in my head. Thanks for any info.

The company I work for has ties in Costa Rico, Thailand ,Brazil. They specialize in tree preservation. And save trees all over the world. Or so they claim.

I really don't know these guys from Adam, but they seem Sincere. They claim they can heal any kind of tree disease. They have a Biologist on staff. Real or snake oil, they want me on board. I'm a Suspicious, Cynical kind of guy

Oh...and if I'm making a video about showing how wonderful I am for using Mauget's products, I'm at LEAST going to follow their label:

APPLICATORS AND OTHER HANDLERS MUST WEAR:
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants
• Shoes plus socks
• Chemical resistant gloves, such as polyethylene or butyl rubber or
neoprene rubber or viton
• Protective eyewear

(batting .250 is OK in the MLB...assuming he had socks on)

I'm assuming the product used in the video to "cure the parasite" was Mauget's Imisol. Imidacloprid has been pretty effective at "curing" EAB (when used preventatively). Soil applied has been shown to be as effective as trunk-injected if you are going the imidacloprid route. Tree-age is more effective and has to be injected... So stopping EAB is nothing new. You just have to be willing to start early and commit to staying with the program.

I'm assuming the product used in the video to "cure the parasite" was Mauget's Imisol. Imidacloprid has been pretty effective at "curing" EAB (when used preventatively). Soil applied has been shown to be as effective as trunk-injected if you are going the imidacloprid route. Tree-age is more effective and has to be injected... So stopping EAB is nothing new. You just have to be willing to start early and commit to staying with the program.
I have a rhetorical question, will the bugs die back at some point to an acceptable level or are the survivors treated for life with a regimen of $ and the minute the funds run out certain death ? My guess is latter as one bug is pretty much unacceptable right ?

Told me they can cure EAB. Told me they can cure included bark too. All that being said, i could Quadruple my income if i get on board. Doctor Beastmaster. Has a nice ring.lol.
Whats up doc ? So transpirational pull and translocating makes this stuff work in my understanding of these systemic applications. In your expert opinion is this the best for all infestations or just one tool in a large box? I mean is ipm still in the thought process or should we just drill and tap every tree in America? Is organic mulching still viable to conserve water and limit compaction whilst adding nutrients through recycling or is that too old school for the doc ? Is boosting nitrogen levels to create a flurry of leaf and twig growth always productive or should it be merely implemented during survival situations ? Is root invigoration still acceptable in some cases?

I really don't know these guys from Adam, but they seem Sincere. They claim they can heal any kind of tree disease. They have a Biologist on staff. Real or snake oil, they want me on board. I'm a Suspicious, Cynical kind of guy

My take is run with it bro but keep your eyes open! I'm sure if they have a biologist you will learn a lot from him.

I like to think I'm pretty sharp about trees, like your self.
I know little about many of these treatments though. My boss seems knowledgeable on these treatments but lacks common arborist knowledge

Latest posts

Back