tree service damaged my tree!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you fight is the subject of taxmantoo's post. But really, you have to first make the choice to either roll over or fight.

I don't like to think of it as rolling over, but rather the better option for me in this situation.:D

I don't like to think of it as rolling over, but rather the better option for me in this situation.:D

Rb your the one that will ultimately live with your decision I feel under the circumstances it will likely be the best move for you and your family. It is a shame to say that but him being a felon and the fact you can't always be home to protect your loved ones is what makes me feel it may be your best move. I sure am glad my neighbors are outta my sight, here on my farm.

While I don't disagree with this assessment, they all really can be boiled down to a much simpler choice:

1. Eat it and shut up.
  2. Fight.

How you fight is the subject of taxmantoo's post. But really, you have to first make the choice to either roll over or fight.

Good point. I was thinking in terms of 'if you choose to pursue it, these seem to be the options', but I left that part out, didn't I?

I think you've got it figured out. All I see for options is

1. go after a guy with nothing to lose (and nothing for you to get from him).

2. go after your neighbor's insurance company (you can tell your neighbor it's just business, nothing personal, he may or may not see it that way).

3. go after your insurance company (and they'll probably subrogate against his insurance and you'll be back at option #2, but you can blame your insurance company and say it's out of your hands, you tried to handle it without dragging him into it but your insco had other ideas).

I think you forgot 4. Go after contractor's insurance. If they have none, report them to the local govt.

Rb your the one that will ultimately live with your decision I feel under the circumstances it will likely be the best move for you and your family. It is a shame to say that but him being a felon and the fact you can't always be home to protect your loved ones is what makes me feel it may be your best move. I sure am glad my neighbors are outta my sight, here on my farm.

Where we don't call 911.

in one of your fiirst ten posts you mentioned that the foreman made you aware of the damage, to me this says " i did something wrong, what can I do to fix the problem?" I hate to say it but no matter how good a company is sometimes things happen, how the problem is dealt with is what matters. I would offer to remove the tree and replace it with whatever the person thinks is fair.

in one of your fiirst ten posts you mentioned that the foreman made you aware of the damage, to me this says " i did something wrong, what can I do to fix the problem?" I hate to say it but no matter how good a company is sometimes things happen, how the problem is dealt with is what matters. I would offer to remove the tree and replace it with whatever the person thinks is fair.

your right now matter how good of a company its the nature of the work your in sometimes things get busted small light fixtures and stuff trees excetera. just own up and fix it that tree looked pretty small like it would only take 15 min to cut it down and another 45 to put one in the ground.

i would have just told you i would come back on saturday to fix the problem.

sorry you have to deal with this its total bs.

in one of your fiirst ten posts you mentioned that the foreman made you aware of the damage, to me this says " i did something wrong, what can I do to fix the problem?"

No I didn't. Please find the post where you think I did.

your right now matter how good of a company its the nature of the work your in sometimes things get busted small light fixtures and stuff trees excetera. just own up and fix it that tree looked pretty small like it would only take 15 min to cut it down and another 45 to put one in the ground.

i would have just told you i would come back on saturday to fix the problem.

I would be fine with this resolution. Too bad you weren't the one that had been doing the work.

No I didn't. Please find the post where you think I did.

I would be fine with this resolution. Too bad you weren't the one that had been doing the work.

sorry , you are right, i guess i was just thinking what I would do. hope it works out for you

Latest posts

Back