• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Tree spur climbers, saddle and rope puller with or without rope.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assembler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wanted tree spur climbers, saddle and rope puller with or without rope. Medium waist size 36 inch. I’m placing this add out to see what will show up over the next two months or longer. Your unwanted equipment is welcome. I will likely want a picture or two of your equipment. If there is damage please show as I could still be interested just depends any condition will be looked at as I'm shopping. Thanks.

Welcome to AS if I haven't said the before :).
The best deals will most likely be local as shipping will kill a deal pretty quick, unless your looking for a real nice saddle. Pretty sure 36" waist is considered to be a large or XL in tree gear.
Here's a puller with free shipping and 20' of rope, easy enough to set up progress capture if you already have rigging ropes to use.
I can't see it getting any cheaper once you add shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winch-Rope...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Hope you find what you need.

Welcome to AS if I haven't said the before :).
The best deals will most likely be local as shipping will kill a deal pretty quick, unless your looking for a real nice saddle. Pretty sure 36" waist is considered to be a large or XL in tree gear.
Here's a puller with free shipping and 20' of rope, easy enough to set up progress capture if you already have rigging ropes to use.
I can't see it getting any cheaper once you add shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winch-Rope...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Hope you find what you need.
That looks petty good thanks for the link. Yea Today is just day one of shopping so off to a good start thanks.

I have a few older sets(Saddles/spikes) here, just think you could do better on craigslist after paying to ship them from here.
Just search spikes, climbing, gaffs and you will usually get most of the climbing gear on CL.

I have a few older sets(Saddles/spikes) here, just think you could do better on craigslist after paying to ship them from here.
Just search spikes, climbing, gaffs and you will usually get most of the climbing gear on CL.
I have not tried that yet however I did list twice for wanted tree climbing equipment and no luck yet. I will dig further to see if I can do a search and see what I can find.

I could be interested in your saddles
Wow thanks for the tip as I found the following on craigslist:
tree climbing spurs, harness, flip line - $70
no brand name but made in the Russian federation and sold thru amazon.

I could be interested in your saddles
Wow thanks for the tip as I found the following on craigslist:
tree climbing spurs, harness, flip line - $70
no brand name but made in the Russian federation and sold thru amazon.
I also just found the following to bad it is small
I am selling my Tree Climbing Gear. It is a complete set that includes:

Climbing spikes and leg pads (2 sets),
Weaver Harness size Small and
1 bag of Neolite rope (1/2" x 150' / 7500 lbs. Average Tensile).
PMI Helmet. Its comfortable.
This set was not ever used. It was just extra gear that never made it in the rotation.
I am selling the complete set and do not wish to break it up.

Arborist SET UP - $350

You know they sell complete startup kits for srt or ddrt at many of the arborist supply houses.
Which Craigslist city is nearest to you, I need to come out there and get another suburban, or maybe you can bring one out for me and grab up some equipment :).

You know they sell complete startup kits for srt or ddrt at many of the arborist supply houses.
Which Craigslist city is nearest to you, I need to come out there and get another suburban, or maybe you can bring one out for me and grab up some equipment :).
Yea I was thinking of getting a startup kit if nothing else pans out. Oregon has it cities spread out more with gaps in between. I got real lucky on my cragslist saw so I'm off to a good start. Maybe something will show up.

Yea I was thinking of getting a startup kit if nothing else pans out. Oregon has it cities spread out more with gaps in between. I got real lucky on my cragslist saw so I'm off to a good start. Maybe something will show up.
Well I got lucky again on cragslist with buckingham pole climbers and pole belts and fall arrest harness. This will be better then a typical startup kit. Even got 100 feet of 3/4" rope to help out.
I'm still looking for a rope puller and some rope that will work with the puller.

Well I got lucky again on cragslist with buckingham pole climbers and pole belts and fall arrest harness. This will be better then a typical startup kit. Even got 100 feet of 3/4" rope to help out.
I'm still looking for a rope puller and some rope that will work with the puller.
Anyone make pads or inserts for Buckingham climbers?
Thanks

Anyone make pads or inserts for Buckingham climbers?
Thanks
Well I had to wait some time however someone was looking out for me on Craigs list as I found a pair of
Klein Steel Tree Climbers (2-3/4" Gaffs) withAluminum Leg Pads from the 1940’s that need new rubber pads for only a $100.00. I also found today a 16’ steel cable choker that is rated for 2500 lbs. in very good condition for just $10.00. There was about 70’ of small 3/16” light cable that could help as a rope puller for light duty with the choker. Thank goodness that I could wait some time for this stuff to show up as this really helps out a lot.

Latest posts

Back