Tree workers union?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You missed my point slightly i feel, i don't see labour whether skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled as the dregs. Far from it i can assure you, and i agree with you on degrees. Everyone has one now, even the dogs in the street so there value has deminished hugely. I still maintain though that our industry and others like it has a problem with attracting the best people. Our schools have become so one dimensional in relation to getting kids ready for work and real life. For example during my last Year in school we had access to a career guidance teacher. All she wanted to speak about was collage and becoming a techie or an academic because that was how she was conditioned to think herself. It would never have entered her mind to say "anyone in the class interested in becoming a tree surgeon?" Oh! What's that? Tell me more please.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

I've played with the idea of forming a treeworkers Union in conjunction with a Corp in possession of patented equipment rights, giving that Corp exclusivity running the most modern tree equipment, for twenty years.

That TreeMek's an excellent example!

Mechanization hand in hand with modernization!

Jomoco

Back