treeclimber 165

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could say that it was some magnificant complicated job, but it wasn't. Small tree- 50' Sycamore- I was in a rush to knock off a few dead limbs before lunch. When I tossed up my rope I got it over the wrong limb. Instead of WASTING TIME pulling it out and re-setting it, I went up anyway. I was 18' off the ground when the limb popped off. Landed on my 'pride':(
It's not the huge complicated climbs where you get in trouble. You mentally prepare for those. The mundane routine stuff is where you forget to think about safety 100%.

It's not the huge complicated climbs where you get in trouble. You mentally prepare for those. The mundane routine stuff is where you forget to think about safety 100%. [/B]

Aint that the truth, Ive herad some stat's on the trade and it seems that injury/death spikes around 7-9 years of experiance.

Most of my "close ones" have been like friday end of day last cut syndrome.

I never put chain saws in the hands of employees on Mondays.Always set up prunning jobs. Never removals. But it always seemed injurys happened on the easy jobs.

Back