Treeclimbing.com

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Treecliming.com is a great site for recreational tree climbing. I went by Peter's sunday climb and got to climb. I then bought one of Peter's cd's on climbing and I have been doing a little climbing on my own. If you have not seen this site give it a look.

I only went to a Sunday climb which was $20 and then bought the cd. I think that the climbing classes are pretty expensive. I had never climbed and I just wanted to see how it was done. Once I saw what was going on I felt that I could learn the rest as I went along.

The equipment is also fairly expensive. It would be fun to have a tree boat so that you could sleep or just be much more comfortable once you got into the canopy. One of the main reasons that I wanted to know how to climb was to see if I could use the climbing techniques for deer hunting from trees. I don't know if I will be able to use the climbing in my deer hunting but I am glad that I now can climb if I need to.

Do you know if there are any other web sites that have recreational tree climbing forums?

New Tribe | Links

Check the above, alot of them are tied to TCI. I've wanted to start a rec climbing club here in LR, but yeah the TCI facilitator fees and time is way high for what you get. Still thinking about it...

Thanks for those links. There are all kinds of tree climbing organizations in Ga. I am in Alabama so it is not to far away if I need to go and do some group climbing. We have trees in Alabama so I can just go out in my front yard and climb. Maybe one day there will be more climbing organizations and some will be in Alabama.

New Tribe | Links

Check the above, alot of them are tied to TCI. I've wanted to start a rec climbing club here in LR, but yeah the TCI facilitator fees and time is way high for what you get. Still thinking about it...

Organizations like this makes it more enjoyable to climb than climbing alone. Thanks for the links!

Organizations like that makes climbing more enjoyable. It is more fun to climb with peers than just with yourself. :)

It has cooled off and I had to go out and do a little climbing. It was nice being back up in a tree. I have only made single throw climbs so far but I am going to make a multi throw climb the next time I get up in my favorite tree.

Latest posts

Back