Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what is going on between you and JPS[don't care too know either],but you were still worthy of rep.

Love the fire truck.

Thanks, bro.:cheers:
And I will admit I make inappropriate statements, and mistakes, and can be abrasive. but I will apologize when necessary, and go way beyond the call of duty to do what I feel is right. anyone who has ever worked with me will attest to that.

but if insulted the gloves come off. deal with that.:bringit:

saturday I'm taking the ladder truck to a big neighborhood b-day party, and will be fast rappelling, and doing my special inverted drop, pulling the friction knot with my feet. all to entertain the kids. and their moms.;)
pictures forthcoming, of course.

unless I'm banned for my honesty.:laugh:

Last edited:
no, but he swung the loads over the single primary a lot when advantageous.:jawdrop:

attachment.php

we are flying in the air

Well men we are flying high in the tree tops and tree slayer is slaying them trees 5 at a time and the fire truck is in its weight in gold.I think most of you that need to get up 100ft pay a minimum of $100,000 plus for that height.we paid less than $8000 for it plus all the equipment that came with it.Every homeowner that I did work for in $1 mil homes love it an think its the best thing ever and they say the feel very very safe when they see it.treeslayer is one of the best guys I know and they best arborist Ive worked with we are having alot of fun because we love being in the trees and the work we do.with fire truck on site we pick up a minimum of 3-4 jobs.The name is Fire House Tree Toppers not tree toppers.I picked the name because we swing from tree to tree in the tree tops.John Sandborn is another great guy that Ive worked with and he has worked with my crew and did some training with them Thanks John.Its been awhile since Ive been on the site.We went to Texas and Louisiana last year for hurricane work, between insurance companies and a rogue employee we almost lost the business due to stealing and not paying out claims over $25,000 taken.Not including equipment loss.We are rebuilding and coming back stronger than ever.We should have closed the doors for good but we never quit and we love what we do and dave treeslayer is apart of that.Plus OUR customers in Illinois are great people and kept us going.A great big thank you to BRIMMSTONE for saving us down in Texas thanks TINY and treeslayer.John the three of us should meet and have a :cheers: and will let you in on what took place in Texas.I will never do that again even being certified with FEMA. FLY HIGH AND STAY SAFEEEEEEEEE.

Fire House Tree Toppers

You know I see the difference adding Fire House makes in the message the name conveys. Its subtle ( not like Dave himself it seems) but I saw it.

Now's here one for debate.
This big silver maple has lost over 50% of the trunk to rot and decay.

another tree company said "It's OK, not a hazard. "

This tree is 80' tall + and has 3 big leaders that spread out wide, in a perfect sail. A LOT of leaves.
and this thing sits less than 100' off the fox river and very close to a house whose owners asked us to examine it. Its not there tree, but a neighbors. It does not threaten the tree owners house.

I told them to send a registered letter advising the homeowner that the tree is a dangerous situation, and give them our estimate.

what do you guys think?

attachment.php

I an going to take picks of the one I have to do today 110 foot pine growing out of a roof.
No bucket access with a :newbie: on the ground probably take two days in this heat. I envy you boys with them cranes mine will be tough.

Last edited:
Don't like the business name.

Do like the pics posted so far.

I suspect the small number of clients you may alienate having "toppers" in your business name would be greatly outweighed by the number of clients you would gain 'cos everyone loves a firetruck.

I have to say I have never given any thought to using a firetruck for tree work. I will have to check out what our fire dept does with its retired gear....... :cheers:

Don't like the business name.

Do like the pics posted so far.

I suspect the small number of clients you may alienate having "toppers" in your business name would be greatly outweighed by the number of clients you would gain 'cos everyone loves a firetruck.

I have to say I have never given any thought to using a firetruck for tree work. I will have to check out what our fire dept does with its retired gear....... :cheers:

There was a company here that used one with an 85 foot bucket there biggest problem was getting into neighborhoods and they went out of business. I don't see a way to get in to many jobs with something that large but the jobs you could it would be great.

Now's here one for debate.
This big silver maple has lost over 50% of the trunk to rot and decay.

another tree company said "It's OK, not a hazard. "

This tree is 80' tall + and has 3 big leaders that spread out wide, in a perfect sail. A LOT of leaves.
and this thing sits less than 100' off the fox river and very close to a house whose owners asked us to examine it. Its not there tree, but a neighbors. It does not threaten the tree owners house.

I told them to send a registered letter advising the homeowner that the tree is a dangerous situation, and give them our estimate.

what do you guys think?

attachment.php

This tree is an accident waitin to happen! Removal is the only clear choice I see based on the extensive decay and proximity to the neighbors home being in the LZ.

fire truck

I can get that fire truck into very tight spaces and down one lane streets with tight corners its unbelievable what you can do with it.It will completely destroy the neighbors home.

I can get that fire truck into very tight spaces and down one lane streets with tight corners its unbelievable what you can do with it.It will completely destroy the neighbors home.

Tom meant the maple with the bad bottom would tear the house up.
Not the fire truck.:laugh:

but with ME driving, all bets are off.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back